Problem with VGDB 5.5 -7 and ESP-IDF 4.1

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Problem with VGDB 5.5 -7 and ESP-IDF 4.1

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dedvalson
    Participant

Hi,

I installed VisualGDB 5.5 Preview 7 (build 3866). I then installed the newest ESP32 toolchain (8.2.0/8.1.0/R3). I installed the toolchain to a new folder so that it would be forced to reload Python, which it did normally.

I created a new project based on ESP-IDF hello-world. The new project works and compiles properly with the ESP-IDF Release/4.0 toolchain.

I downloaded the ESP-IDF Release/4.1 toolchain. When I select that toolchain for the project, all of the Component config options in the VisualGDB properties window go away. (see attached screenshot)

I tried creating a new project and using the 4.1 toolchain from the beginning and observed the same thing.

The application compiles and runs fine with 4.1, it is just the Component Config UI that is broken.

Am I just missing something stupid or is this an actual bug?

Thanks,

Don

• This topic was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by dedvalson.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Looks like Espressif has changed the internal structure of the config definitions again. We have updated VisualGDB to handle the new structure in this build [VisualGDB-5.5.7.3679.msi].

That said, ESP-IDF 4.1 is still a pre-release, so it may change again. If you would like to avoid disruptions to your workflow, please consider waiting until it becomes a stable release use the version that we will ship with our toolchain (it will be tested for compatibility and should work out-of-the-box).

dedvalson
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for quick response. That did solve the problem.

I am sort of stuck with 4.1 because I need a feature from it. But I will be staying with 4.1 as it is today until it is officially released.

Thanks again,

Don

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.