Problem with USB Devices examples

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Problem with USB Devices examples

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Etienne
    Participant

Hi,

I’m working on a project where I need to to a USB HID Windows Gaming device, with Force feedback capabilities. The mcu I’m using is the STM32F407VG (Discovery board).
    First I’m trying to do a standard gaming device with no FFB features (communications goes from Device to Host only).
    I’m having troubles with the default examples for USB HID devices.
    I’ve tried several examples of the “USB Communications device” category, all in USB 2.0 Full Speed mode:
    – When I select “HID” or “CustomHID” examples, I can’t compile, I have the following error : “usbd_cdc.h: No such file or directory”
    – When I select CDC example, it compiles fine, but on windows I have a driver error, it says “could not find a driver” (this is probably normal, but I don’t know what driver to use).

Thanks.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The CDC driver can be downloaded from ST: http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF257938

In order to create the HID examples, please download the ST cube software package for your board, locate the HID example for your board, copy the source and header files to your project directory and add them to your project.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.