OK, feature requests wanted

Sysprogs forums Forums WinCDEmu OK, feature requests wanted

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    support
    Keymaster

Well, not exactly years 🙂

Anyway, the final WinCDEmu 4.0 is out. We have also published the source code with all dependencies on GitHub: https://github.com/sysprogs/WinCDEmu

Now that the source code can be conveniently accessed via GitHub, I would like to invite everyone to contribute to the project. I started WinCDEmu many years ago as a hobby project and during these years it has grown to be a nice and nifty tool. However, realistically speaking, I won’t have the capacity in the near future to add any major features to it. That’s why I did my best to make it as easy as possible for everyone to build WinCDEmu and contribute new code to it. The GitHub repository contains one easy-to-build solution that can be opened with VS2010-2015 and it will automatically check for missing dependencies and display instructions on getting/installing them. I will be happy to answer your questions about BazisLib/WinCDEmu structure and to suggest ways of adding the features wanted by the community. I am also open to contributions as long as they don’t break the existing functionality 🙂

Thunder
    Participant

No no, are years trust me, my thread “We wait you” is started in 2012 and i’m here before that date, always waiting for a new portable version. In other section you are more active, i don’t have see any other one of the “staff” here except you, 3/4 times…

Except that. The first thing i don’t understand is, what is changed from the beta to this? From my point of view nothing, it always:

1) Leave trace on registry = BUG

2) Wrong output on CMD = BUG

3) No /CreateISO parameter for command line = MOST FEATURE REQUEST, on this thread at least

4) Localization, we need to compile the project in every language? Is not better to add the string someware into the executable ( like in the DIALOG resource, there are all buttons but not the msgbox ) for change it with a resource editor in an easier way?

Thanks

Thunder
    Participant

P.S. In my previus post i’m always talking about the portable version, not the installed.

Thunder
    Participant

Time is what we want most, but what we use worst…

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

OK, regarding the registry traces, Windows keeps the track of all devices that it recognizes, including the WinCDEmu drives. Same would happen if you plug in USB stick. We could add some special cleanup mechanism to remove them, but why? Windows is designed that way and it does not really cause any trouble to users.

With cmd output, it happens because the WinCDEmu executable is a ‘GUI Mode’ executable and cmd.exe does not wait for it to terminate. You can work around it by creating a .bat file with the following contents:

%~dp0\PortableWinCDEmu %*

Then just run the .bat file instead of the .exe file and cmd will handle it correctly.

/CreateISO is just a convenient shortcut for running mkisofs.exe; if you want to use it from command-line, you can just download it here and you don’t need any extra tools for that.

We don’t need to compile the project in every language, but we need to customize the translation system to allow embedding the .lng files into the portable executable. Currently we don’t have the resources to do that, so we are waiting for someone from the community to contribute a pull request.

Orochi
    Participant

Bazis,

Great program, especially the portable version that works with command line.

The portable version works great in live windows system. I am using Winx64.
    However, WinCDEmu doesn’t work in WinPE environment.

Is this something that perhaps can be tweaked in the future builds?

Thanks.

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.