November 12, 2014 at 03:38 #913
Looks like despite Windows 8 being able to mount ISO files natively, WinCDEmu is still popular. Hence I have no other choice than to respect our users and make a new release 🙂
Let’s make it a Christmas gift to the community 🙂
Please post requests for features/fixes in this thread. I cant’ promise anything massive as WinCDEmu is a side project for us, but I will be open to discussion.November 14, 2014 at 09:53 #3407
Oh man, finally 🙂
My requests ( aren’t all mine but from my thread, so other many people ask for that ) are all for the Portable version
1) Make batchmnt command line work also for the Portable version. In additional was better if you add two parameter, /install and /uninstall for the portable driver. With this two parameter the command line became another software, pratically a standalone CLI for mounting the image without rewrite the entire software. Isn’t this cool? Yes it is.
2) Resolve the bug “The specified service has been marked for deletion“
How to reproduce:
a) Open WinCDEmu
b) Click OK – Install driver
c) Uninstall the driver
d) Open Wincdemu
e) Click OK – Install driver
Driver installation failed:
The specified service has been marked for deletion
Actually we have only two solution:
a) Reboot the system and WinCdEmu can install the driver
b) Open cmd –> type “driverquery” without quotes, press the ENTER key and WinCdEmu can install the driver
3) Better cleanup the registry. After uninstalling the driver, WinCDEmu leaves some traces on the register, here:C++12345HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMControlSet001ServicesBazisPortableCDBusHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesBazisPortableCDBusHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMControlSet001EnumRootLEGACY_BAZISPORTABLECDBUSHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetEnumRootLEGACY_BAZISPORTABLECDBUS
So if i uninstall the driver is better to remove all that unused registry key
4) Add a feature ( in additional ) for remove the mouted image and NOT the drive directly. With some multi-disk installation is a real problem because search for the same drive but the drive change everytime you mount an image so pratically don’t recognize the disk
5) Resolve a little interface glitch when you make the window bigger:
I don’t know if you want to use the same iterface of the installed version, personally i don’t care about the interface i prefer a working functionality software
I think I have summarized all the most requested-features, I hope i did not forget any 😀November 15, 2014 at 08:22 #3419
Thunder said them all 😀
I can add, always for the portable version, a separate file for the Language. So anyone can traslate it in every language without edit directly the executable with a resource editor
ThanksNovember 15, 2014 at 13:02 #3420
I have a problem, in UltraISO i could make an ISO image for my flash memory or from some separated files by adding ’em to the image, but i could not do it now with WinCDemu cuz it’s just make ISO image for the DVD drive.
thanksNovember 16, 2014 at 08:14 #3421
Create an ISO for any folder is an addition id’ like to see also for the portable versionNovember 17, 2014 at 07:18 #3422
Alot of people really NEED a compilable version of your Project. Would you mind uploading it all again in a version which is really compilable without any errors?November 17, 2014 at 07:20 #3423
A parameter for CreateISO would be good to see in your program.November 17, 2014 at 13:51 #3424
Sorry I forgot to say what CreateISO should do.
with a CreateISO Parameter in the command line I would like to create an ISO-File from a Physical Drive (CD/DVD)
Example with Physical Drive (CD/DVD) F:C++1CreateISO F: C:ISO_from_F.iso
After that I would like to silently mount the iso “ISO_from_F.iso” to any Virtual Drive. (implemented though)
best regards,November 19, 2014 at 08:54 #3425
Why limitate it to a “Physical Drive” only? Can be anything, the code doesn’t change if you create from a folder or from a mounted image/phisical driveC++1CreateISO "C:MyFolder" "C:ISO of MyFolder.isoNovember 19, 2014 at 09:08 #3426
I just thought of my case.
Good that you said that.
Yes, an option to create ISO Files of any Folders / Drives would be greatNovember 20, 2014 at 13:26 #3427
For what i have read there isn’t any “massive” changes / bugs / feature request, I hope that we would all be “satisfied” by basiz 😉November 25, 2014 at 12:20 #3399
Great! I can’t wait! 😀November 25, 2014 at 14:39 #3400
as long as he doesn’t forget our requestsNovember 25, 2014 at 20:57 #3401
Hey guys, if I promise something, I don’t forget it 🙂
The new WinCDEmu beta is out. Check out the highlights here: http://wincdemu.sysprogs.org/news/4.0/
I’ve added what everything that was asked except 2 things:
* Registry cleanup for portable driver uninstallation. Simply could not reproduce it. If you can share exact repro steps, I’ll look into it more.
* Localization for the portable version. The current localization engine stores translations in separate files, but the portable version has to be 1 stand-alone file. If someone is willing to modify the sources to support localization via resources, I can show how to do this.
If you have other requests or feedback on the beta, feel free to post them here.November 25, 2014 at 21:24 #3402
bazis, I have been meaning to ask this for a while: WinCDEmu lists support for cue but it seems to fail when I try to mount multi-track cue sheets, saying “unknown or corrupt image file.” It does mount fine with other software (Daemon Tools, etc). Is this to be expected?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.