object reference not set to an instance of an object: Visual Studio 2017

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB object reference not set to an instance of an object: Visual Studio 2017

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rohinidr
    Participant

I am setting up Visual GDB for OpenCv Raspberry Pi project . I am following the instructions provided in the link

https://visualgdb.com/tutorials/raspberry/opencv/

I am able to create a project and deploy project . But when I get to step 5, that to configure cMake settings , I click on Project->Visual GDB Object Properties , I get an error “Object Reference not set to an instance of an object”.

I tried to uninstall and install Visual studio 2017 , deleted the folder in /User/name/Appdata/

But nothing works . Is it a bug or I have some problem with installation?

Thanks

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, unfortunately this error message is too generic to fully pinpoint the problem. If you could try clicking the “show details” button and paste the results here, we should be able to see what is going on and suggest a fix/workaround.

rohinidr
    Participant

Hi ,

Please check the error below when I click on Visual GDB properties

VisualGDB version: 5.3.18.1973
    —————— System.NullReferenceException ——————
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at jb1.u.b1()
    at o21.n()
    at o21..ctor(qp1 a)
    at jb1.GDBProjectProperties.ExecuteForProject(jb1 addin, Object objPrj)

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the log. It looks like you are using VisualGDB 5.3 that is not the latest available version. Please try VisualGDB 5.4 Preview 3 (or this build) and if the problem persists, submit an updated log.

rohinidr
    Participant

This worked.

Thank you !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.