nrf build error

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB nrf build error

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tomasfrisberg
    Participant

I seem to have a problem building the default embedded project for nRF52840_XXAA.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error Command-line action failed Test1 C:\Users\xxx\source\repos\Test1\VisualGDB 1
    Error Build has failed. See the Output window for more details. Test1 C:\Users\xxx\source\repos\Test1\VisualGDB 1
    Error MSB3073 The command “”C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\\VisualGDB.exe” /build “C:\Users\xxx\source\repos\Test1\Test1.vcxproj” “/solution:C:\Users\xxx\source\repos\Test1\Test1.sln” “/config:Debug” “/platform:Win32″” exited with code 1. Test1 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 44

Output error message is:
    1>as: unrecognized option `-mabi=aapcs’

It seems as if the CFLAGS are also used for the assembler, ASFLAGS := $(CFLAGS) $(ASFLAGS),  and that it does not recognize the -mabi option, which is ARM specific (??). I am just guessing here and it might be something different.

I am using Visual Studio 2017 with VisualGDB build 3073

tomasfrisberg
    Participant

Seems to be working when selecting MSBuild but not GNU Make.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortunately, the GNU Make subsystem may not work with the Nordic nRF5x SDK due to the excessively long command lines. Due to the structure of the Nordic SDK and the amount of include directories, the command lines easily exceed the 8192-character command-line limit imposed by Windows. The MSBuild subsystem automatically works around this by using response files, however GNU Make does not.

If using MSBuild instead of GNU Make is an option, please consider switching to it. If not, we can provide more details on the Windows command-line length limit, so you could attempt various workarounds, but we would not guarantee that this would work as reliably as MSBuild.

tomasfrisberg
    Participant

No problem. Thanks for the quick reply.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.