Not able to build at command line using MSbuild

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Not able to build at command line using MSbuild

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pydinag
    Participant

Hi

I have installed visual studio 2019, msbuild 2019 tools and Visual GDB in windows 10 machine.

I have created hello world linux project for beaglebone using VisualGDB and visual studio 2019. I am able to build the project using visual studio IDE.

Then i am try to build at command line using following msbulid but i am getting following error. Please help me to resolve this issue.

:\WINDOWS\system32>msbuild C:\Jenkins\workspace\PanaFlow\Test_RS_Detection\AII_Based_FlowMeasurement\Engineering\Source\RsDetectionVgdb\BegaleTestApp.sln /p:Configuration=Release /p:Platform=VisualGDB
    Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 16.4.0+e901037fe for .NET Framework
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Building the projects in this solution one at a time. To enable parallel build, please add the “-m” switch.
    Build started 1/3/2020 10:25:45 PM.
    Project “C:\Jenkins\workspace\PanaFlow\Test_RS_Detection\AII_Based_FlowMeasurement\Engineering\Source\RsDetectionVgdb\B
    egaleTestApp.sln” on node 1 (default targets).
    ValidateSolutionConfiguration:
    Building solution configuration “Release|VisualGDB”.
    Project “C:\Jenkins\workspace\PanaFlow\Test_RS_Detection\AII_Based_FlowMeasurement\Engineering\Source\RsDetectionVgdb\B
    egaleTestApp.sln” (1) is building “C:\Jenkins\workspace\PanaFlow\Test_RS_Detection\AII_Based_FlowMeasurement\Engineerin
    g\Source\RsDetectionVgdb\BegaleTestApp.vcxproj” (2) on node 1 (default targets).
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\BuildTools\MSBuild\Current\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targ
    ets(775,5): error : The OutputPath property is not set for project ‘BegaleTestApp.vcxproj’. Please check to make sure
    that you have specified a valid combination of Configuration and Platform for this project. Configuration=’Release’ P
    latform=’VisualGDB’. You may be seeing this message because you are trying to build a project without a solution file,
    and have specified a non-default Configuration or Platform that doesn’t exist for this project. [C:\Jenkins\workspace\
    PanaFlow\Test_RS_Detection\AII_Based_FlowMeasurement\Engineering\Source\RsDetectionVgdb\BegaleTestApp.vcxproj]
    Done Building Project “C:\Jenkins\workspace\PanaFlow\Test_RS_Detection\AII_Based_FlowMeasurement\Engineering\Source\RsD
    etectionVgdb\BegaleTestApp.vcxproj” (default targets) — FAILED.

Done Building Project “C:\Jenkins\workspace\PanaFlow\Test_RS_Detection\AII_Based_FlowMeasurement\Engineering\Source\RsD
    etectionVgdb\BegaleTestApp.sln” (default targets) — FAILED.

Build FAILED.

“C:\Jenkins\workspace\PanaFlow\Test_RS_Detection\AII_Based_FlowMeasurement\Engineering\Source\RsDetectionVgdb\BegaleTes
    tApp.sln” (default target) (1) ->
    “C:\Jenkins\workspace\PanaFlow\Test_RS_Detection\AII_Based_FlowMeasurement\Engineering\Source\RsDetectionVgdb\BegaleTes
    tApp.vcxproj” (default target) (2) ->
    (_CheckForInvalidConfigurationAndPlatform target) ->
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\BuildTools\MSBuild\Current\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.ta
    rgets(775,5): error : The OutputPath property is not set for project ‘BegaleTestApp.vcxproj’. Please check to make sur
    e that you have specified a valid combination of Configuration and Platform for this project. Configuration=’Release’
    Platform=’VisualGDB’. You may be seeing this message because you are trying to build a project without a solution fil
    e, and have specified a non-default Configuration or Platform that doesn’t exist for this project. [C:\Jenkins\workspac
    e\PanaFlow\Test_RS_Detection\AII_Based_FlowMeasurement\Engineering\Source\RsDetectionVgdb\BegaleTestApp.vcxproj]

0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.41

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

pydinag
    Participant

Please find the project folder for your reference

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Based on the error message you shared, it looks like VisualGDB is not installed on the machine you are using to build the project.

Please ensure VisualGDB is installed and activated on the user account used to run the automated builds.

Please feel free to look through the following tutorial for a detailed step-by-step example: https://visualgdb.com/tutorials/ci/tfs/

If you can confirm that VisualGDB is installed, please try building the solution using devenv.exe, not msbuild.exe (see this page).

pydinag
    Participant

Hi,

I already installed VisaulGDB in the machine where i am trying to build the project. Using visual studio IDE i am able to build the project.

As per your suggestion, i try to build using devenv but i am getting an error: Kindly help me to resolve this issue.

C:\Users\312005216>devenv C:\Jenkins\workspace\PanaFlow\Test_RS_Detection\AII_Based_FlowMeasurement\Engineering\Source\RsDetectionVgdb\BegaleTestApp.sln /build Release | VisualGDB /project C:\Jenkins\workspace\PanaFlow\Test_RS_Detection\AII_Based_FlowMeasurement\Engineering\Source\RsDetectionVgdb\BegaleTestApp.vcxproj /projectconfig Release | VisualGDB
    ‘devenv’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

pydinag
    Participant

Hi

I added the devenv path to system environmental variables. After that the error ” devenv is not recognized as an internal or external command” is not coming.

Now i am getting following error:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>devenv C:\Jenkins\workspace\PanaFlow\Test_RS_Detection\AII_Based_FlowMeasurement\Engineering\Source\RsDetectionVgdb\BegaleTestApp.sln /build Release | VisualGDB /project C:\Jenkins\workspace\PanaFlow\Test_RS_Detection\AII_Based_FlowMeasurement\Engineering\Source\RsDetectionVgdb\BegaleTestApp.vcxproj /projectconfig Release | VisualGDB
    ‘VisualGDB’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

support
    Keymaster

Please try using the following syntax:

/projectconfig "Release|VisualGDB"

Note the quotes and no spaces.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.