No VisualDDk Debug menu at VS2010

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualDDK/VirtualKD discussion No VisualDDk Debug menu at VS2010

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Saman
    Participant

I can’t see any VisualDDk debug menu at VS2010 Debug menu.Any idea?

Saman
    Participant

Problem is solved. I had installed only Visual C++.If I had install a C# so VisualDDk Debug menu was (is) visible.

Anonymous
    Participant

I’ve the same problem
    but your solution seems unreasonable,does it mean that C# is a necessary part to VisualDDK?
    anyway,I’ll have a try

Anonymous
    Participant

I think I know what the problem is. I’m running my Windows machines as regular (aka non admin) users. Since Visual DDK requires to be logged in as admin it seems like it’s setting up the debug menu only for the admin account. I ran Visual Studio w/o admin privileges and I couldn’t see the debug options, but when I used “Run As…” with my admin account the menu items were there.

It’s a bit of a pain though, because it means that Visual Studio will create all the files (source, objs, exes, …) as admin, which means I can’t move/delete them easily.

Can anyone verify this? Is it possible to install the Visual DDK add-in for all users?

Anyway… I must say I love Visual DDK! Thanks so much for this guys, please keep up the fantastic work.

support
    Keymaster

Installing C# fixes the missing stdole.dll bug present in VS2010.
    I’ve added a workaround for that in VisualDDK 1.5.4

shyandsy
    Participant

I’m sorry sir even thank you very much.
    My platform:
    WIN7 64 Pro
    WDK 7600
    VS2010
    But i cannot setup VisualDDK,because it doesn’t identify the 64bit debugger provide by WDK7600

support
    Keymaster

Please install the 32-bit debugger from the WDK disc manually.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.