Newbie: How to handle gcc build output?

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Newbie: How to handle gcc build output?

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Char.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    DavidA
    Participant

Hi

I’ve just started using VisualGDB, in VS Studio 2015. I have created the “Hello world” app described in the Linux tutorial.

If I make an intentional syntax error in my code and execute Build >Build solution I see:

1> Command exited with code 2
    1> Executable: make
    1> Arguments: CONFIG=Debug
    1> Directory: /tmp/VisualGDB/c/Users/<snip>/Documents/VisualGDB_projects/LinuxProject1/LinuxProject1
    1>VisualGDB : error : Command-line action failed
    1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(37,5): error MSB3073: The command “”C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\VisualGDB.exe” /build “C:\Users\daldrich\Documents\VisualGDB_projects\LinuxProject1\LinuxProject1\LinuxProject1.vcxproj” “/solution:C:\Users\<snip>\Documents\VisualGDB_projects\LinuxProject1\LinuxProject1.sln” “/config:Debug” “/platform:Win32″” exited with code 1.
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I had hoped to see a nice gcc error which I could click to go to the error in my source code.  Is that possible?

Best regards

David

• This topic was modified 8 years ago by DavidA.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Normally VisualGDB should be able to parse the GCC output and show it in the Errors window. Are you using a cross-compiler or compiling directly on the Linux machine?

Char
    Participant

DavidA

You have error before GCC compilation begins – ” VisualGDB.exe /build etc.. ” exited with code 1.

try run it from command line. I think it <snip> in solution path can be reason.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.