Newbe question about BSP versions

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Newbe question about BSP versions

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    landau9255
    Participant

Apologies for the newbe question.  I am inheriting a project that targets an STM32F072CB.

I was able to download the BSP from https://visualgdb.com/hwsupport/

I confirmed in Visual Studio (2017 Pro) > Tools > VisualGDB > Manage Packages that an STM32 BSP was installed (version 2020.01).

However, when I build, I see the following error.

Error Could not find a BSP with ID = com.sysprogs.arm.stm32 and version = 2019.12. Please use VisualGDB Package Manager to install it. iSonoMotorM0 C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\MSBuild\SysprogsPlatform.targets 103

In stm32.xml, I edited the version to:

<BspID>com.sysprogs.arm.stm32</BspID>

<BspVersion>2020.01</BspVersion>

But I see the same error. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. I either need to download a down-rev BSP (from where?) or need to tell VisualGDB to use the newer version (crossing my fingers that no functions have changed) Thanks -Ed

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by landau9255.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please try updating to VisualGDB 5.5 Preview 4. It will automatically check the BSP version when opening the project and will suggest retargeting it to the version you have installed.

That said, switching to a newer BSP always comes with a risk of minor compatibility issues. Getting the older BSP as described here could be a safer bet.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.