New error: Warn : unable to change server port after init

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB New error: Warn : unable to change server port after init

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    karlis77
    Participant

I was using my STM32F0Discovery board as programmer as usual and suddenly when I tried to upload the new code it gave me this error: Warn : unable to change server port after init.(Full message text under the post)

I read that I can fix it by updating VisualGDB to the newest version, so I downloaded the msi file of install and installed it(it should have updated the vGDB I guess), but it did not solve it. At the moment I am using version 5.1 (build 712).

Can any1 please help me to fix this? Error text is down below.

C:\Users\KARlis\AppData\Local\VisualGDB\EmbeddedDebugPackages\com.sysprogs.arm.openocd\bin\openocd.exe -f interface/stlink-v2.cfg -f target/stm32f0x.cfg -c init -c “reset init” -c “gdb_port 50543” -c “telnet_port 50542” -c “gdb_port 59216” -c “telnet_port 59215” -c “echo VisualGDB_OpenOCD_Ready”
    Open On-Chip Debugger 0.9.0 (2016-05-10) [https://github.com/sysprogs/openocd]
    Licensed under GNU GPL v2
    For bug reports, read
    http://openocd.org/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
    Info : auto-selecting first available session transport “hla_swd”. To override use ‘transport select ‘.
    Info : The selected transport took over low-level target control. The results might differ compared to plain JTAG/SWD
    adapter speed: 1000 kHz
    adapter_nsrst_delay: 100
    none separate
    Info : Unable to match requested speed 1000 kHz, using 950 kHz
    Info : clock speed 950 kHz
    Info : STLINK v2 JTAG v14 API v2 SWIM v0 VID 0x0483 PID 0x3748
    Info : using stlink api v2
    Info : Target voltage: 2.916726
    Info : stm32f0x.cpu: hardware has 4 breakpoints, 2 watchpoints
    stm32f0x.cpu: target state: halted
    target halted due to debug-request, current mode: Thread
    xPSR: 0xc1000000 pc: 0x0800111c msp: 0x20008000
    adapter speed: 8000 kHz
    Error: jtag status contains invalid mode value – communication failure
    Polling target stm32f0x.cpu failed, trying to reexamine
    Examination failed, GDB will be halted. Polling again in 100ms
    Warn : unable to change server port after init

• This topic was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by karlis77.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

It’s a known bug. Please update your VisualGDB to 5.1r6 and re-download the OpenOCD package via Tools->Embedded Tools Manager. This should resolve the problem.

karlis77
    Participant

Ok I will try that.

How to update the VisualGDB? Should I just download it from http://visualgdb.com/download/ ?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, this should do.

sierra29
    Participant

Hello,

I first had the same problem, but after doing above steps to solve the problem it did not dissapear but another error message appears now:

Licensed under GNU GPL v2
    For bug reports, read
    http://openocd.org/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
    Info : auto-selecting first available session transport “hla_swd”. To override use ‘transport select <transport>’.
    Info : The selected transport took over low-level target control. The results might differ compared to plain JTAG/SWD
    adapter_nsrst_delay: 100
    none separate
    Info : clock speed 950 kHz
    in procedure ‘init’
    in procedure ‘ocd_bouncer’

and a message box tells me “Open OCD exited with code 1. Please check your settings”

But before the last update all my projects run fine with exactly this settings and project files, now not one is working.

I use stm32F1xx devices with a ST-Link v2, what big shit happened there? Is there a solution to go back to my old configuration tho get my pending projects working again?

Thank you

sierra29
    Participant

Problem solved:

After some friggling tests i recognized that the reinstallation has removed my winusb driver. I´ve installed winusb again and the problem was solved.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.