Multiple user problem

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Multiple user problem

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    AnujaMutalik
    Participant

Hello,

I have a project in VisualGDB. When I share the complete project to another user, it gets some build errors. These errors are because of varible $(LOCALAPPDATA). This variable resolves to the path of old user. What could be cause of this error and how to correct it?

Best Regards,
    Anuja

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Normally VisualGDB should handle this automatically. Please let us know an example error message you get and we will suggest how to resolve this.

AnujaMutalik
    Participant

Hi,

The error is: ‘……’ path doesn’t exist.

I oberved .mak file. In this file the variable $(BSP_ROOT) and $(LOCALAPPDATA) get replaced by absolute file paths, but these paths are specific to old user (consist of folders of old user).

I hope this description makes the problem clear to you,

Thank you,
    Anuja

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Are you using the latest VisualGDB 5.2? This mechanism was improved in a few recent releases.

AnujaMutalik
    Participant

Thank you for your help. I have version 5.1, I will try now the version 5.2.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please give it a try. We have received a lot of feedback about slow debug startup in v5.1 and significantly optimized it in v5.2.

AnujaMutalik
    Participant

Hi,

I tried with the latest version of VisualGDB, version 5.2.13.1297. I am still getting the exact same errors. Could you suggest some corrective actions?

Thank you,
    Anuja

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please open the VisualGDB Project Properties and either click “regenerate BSP-specific files” or change the MCU to a different one and back. This should regenerate the file references in a multiuser-safe way. If this still does not help, please let us know what exact error you are getting so that we could advise you further.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.