multiple toolchain versions bug

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB multiple toolchain versions bug

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    embedded
    Participant

Hello,

i want report a bug, there are some “incompatibility” between 2 toolchain versions:

• ESP32 toolchain 8.4.0/8.1.0/r3
    • ESP32 toolchain 8.4.0/8.1.0/r6

it is not possible to have them both available because when i install one version, the other is removed from the list even if it is used different folder

check the pictures attached, if need more info let us know.

i hope the report is appreciated even if we are no longer subscribers to your tech support

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. Indeed, your technical support period has expired. Hence we would kindly ask you to renew it here and update to the latest VisualGDB 5.6. If the problem persists, please let us know once you have renewed your support, and we will help you get everything working.

embedded
    Participant

we reported the issue to help you to improve your product not to asking a support for us

i know that our tech support is expired, for now we not have plan to renew it because we are unhappy with the quality of the support.

anyhow we confirm that the issue is present with VisualGDB 5.6(build 4461)

support
    Keymaster

No problem. We will gladly investigate this issue if any other user with active technical support confirms it.

Regarding the support quality, the VisualGDB product support only covers issues in VisualGDB itself. E.g. if you had an active technical support, this issue would be fully covered – we would explain how to configure VisualGDB to achieve the desired results. This is simply a matter of configuration – no changes on the VisualGDB side would be necessary.

We understand that you have previously requested our technical support to explain specific settings of ESP-IDF and help troubleshoot specific projects that triggered unexpected behavior in ESP-IDF tools. These issues are indeed not covered by our support because we do not control how ESP-IDF is developed and tested. ESP-IDF has its own issue tracker where Espressif tracks, prioritizes and resolves the issues, and we are not able to provide an instant alternative to it as a part of VisualGDB support. Our support can only help if the same functionality works with ESP-IDF directly, and doesn’t work with VisualGDB.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.