MSB3073 compile error when trying to use cross-compiler on local PC

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB MSB3073 compile error when trying to use cross-compiler on local PC

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    wernert
    Participant

I’ve been using VisualGDB for over a year now, but recentyl had to re-install the OS on my entire machine.   And since then I’m getting and error whenever I’m trying to use cross compiler to build for Raspberry Pi.

Details of my system:

• My PC’s OS : Windows 10
    • Target : Raspberry Pi with Raspbian Jessie
    • VisualGDB version 5.0

The error I get happens at the time when it tries to deploy and it says “Toolchain Test failed”

More details about the error:
    Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line
    Error    MSB3073    The command “”C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\VisualGDB.exe” /build “d:\tmp\LinuxProject4\LinuxProject4\LinuxProject4.vcxproj” “/solution:d:\tmp\LinuxProject4\LinuxProject4.sln” “/config:Debug” “/platform:Win32″” exited with code 1.    LinuxProject4    C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets    37

This is more details of what happens when it tries to make:

cmd.exe /c “C:\SysGCC\Raspberry\bin\make.exe”
    g++ -ggdb -ffunction-sections -O0   -DDEBUG  -c LinuxProject4.cpp -o Debug/LinuxProject4.o -MD -MF Debug/LinuxProject4.dep
    process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, g++ -ggdb -ffunction-sections -O0 -DDEBUG -c LinuxProject4.cpp -o Debug/LinuxProject4.o -MD -MF Debug/LinuxProject4.dep, …) failed.
    make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.

make: *** [Debug/LinuxProject4.o] Error 2

I cannot figure out what file it refers to.   I looked at the VisualGDB Build Variables and they all see OK to me.

Important :  I know that I can build the app successfully if I use the Raspberry Pi itself to compile, but I prefer to use the cross compiler on local computer as I have used in the past.

wernert
    Participant

Update :   I managed to get it to work after I switched the toolchain from raspberry-gcc4.9.2. (Jessie) to raspberry-gcc4.6 (Wheezy).      Maybe there is something wrong in the Jessie toolchain?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know. Our Jessie toolchain image was indeed missing some DLLs. We have updated the installer. Please re-download and re-install it.

Hillel
    Participant

I’ve been using VisualGDB Trial Version.

I try to add a #include <BBBiolib.h>

Then I get the error message.
    Thanks for the help
    1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(37,5): error MSB3073: The command “”C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\\VisualGDB.exe” /build “C:\visualstudioProjects\LinuxProject1_GPIO\LinuxProject1_GPIO\LinuxProject1_GPIO.vcxproj” “/solution:C:\visualstudioProjects\LinuxProject1_GPIO\LinuxProject1_GPIO.sln” “/config:Debug” “/platform:Win32″” exited with code 1.
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped =======

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Hillel.
    support
    Keymaster

Please check the Output window for more detailed error messages. If it does not help, please post the contents of the Output window here.

Hillel
    Participant

I include the bcm2835.h library to controlling the Raspberry Pi GPIO .
    when I compile on my computer without remote compiling I don’t get the error.
    I tried to use the sync tool to load the nuw file (bcm2835.h) and I still get the error it’s look the same from the BeagleBone black.
    the first one is without the error:

1>—— Build started: Project: Raspberrypi, Configuration: Debug Win32 ——
    1> VisualGDB: Run “make CONFIG=Debug” in directory “C:\visualstudioProjects\Raspberrypi\Raspberrypi” on (unspecified)
    1> gcc -ggdb -ffunction-sections -O0 -DDEBUG -c Raspberrypi.c -o Debug/Raspberrypi.o -MD -MF Debug/Raspberrypi.dep
    1> g++ -o Debug/Raspberrypi -Wl,-gc-sections -Wl,–start-group Debug/Raspberrypi.o -Wl,–rpath=’$ORIGIN’ -Wl,–end-group
    ========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

the second one

1> VisualGDB: Sending 1 updated source file to build machine…
    1> VisualGDB: Run “make CONFIG=Debug” in directory “/tmp/VisualGDB/c/visualstudioProjects/Raspberrypi/Raspberrypi” on pi@192.168.1.19 (SSH)
    1> gcc -ggdb -ffunction-sections -O0 -DDEBUG -c Raspberrypi.c -o Debug/Raspberrypi.o -MD -MF Debug/Raspberrypi.dep
    1>C:\visualstudioProjects\Raspberrypi\Raspberrypi\Raspberrypi.c(2,77): fatal error : C:\Users\Hillel\Downloads\Raspberry PI\bcm2835-1.49\src\bcm2835.h: No such file or directory
    1> #include “C:\Users\Hillel\Downloads\Raspberry PI\bcm2835-1.49\src\bcm2835.h”
    1> ^
    1> compilation terminated.
    1> Makefile:163: recipe for target ‘Debug/Raspberrypi.o’ failed
    1> make: *** [Debug/Raspberrypi.o] Error 1
    1> ————————————————————-
    1> Command exited with code 2
    1> Executable: make
    1> Arguments: CONFIG=Debug
    1> Directory: /tmp/VisualGDB/c/visualstudioProjects/Raspberrypi/Raspberrypi
    1>VisualGDB : error : Command-line action failed
    1>EXEC : error : Build has failed. See the Output window for more details.
    1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(37,5): error MSB3073: The command “”C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\\VisualGDB.exe” /build “C:\visualstudioProjects\Raspberrypi\Raspberrypi\Raspberrypi.vcxproj” “/solution:C:\visualstudioProjects\Raspberrypi\Raspberrypi.sln” “/config:Debug” “/platform:Win32″” exited with code 1.
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Hillel.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The problem happens because “C:\Users\Hillel\Downloads\Raspberry PI\bcm2835-1.49\src\bcm2835.h” is a path on the Windows machine and it’s not accessible when you build on Linux. Please consider uploading the bsm2835 library somewhere on the Raspberry Pi (e.g. /opt/src), specifying the directory with the .h files in the include directories in VisualGDB Project Properties and simply including <bsm2835.h> without the full path.

Hillel
    Participant

I have placed the file : C:\Users\Hillel\AppData\Local\VisualGDB\RemoteSourceCache\192.168.1.19\0000

#include <stdio.h>
    #include <bcm2835.h>
    int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {
    char sz[] = “Hello, World!\n”; /* Hover mouse over “sz” while debugging to see its contents */
    printf(“%s”, sz);
    fflush(stdout); /* <============== Put a breakpoint here */

return 0;
    }

1> VisualGDB: Sending 1 updated source file to build machine…
    1> VisualGDB: Run “make CONFIG=Debug” in directory “/tmp/VisualGDB/c/visualstudioProjects/Raspberrypi/Raspberrypi” on pi@192.168.1.19 (SSH)
    1>C:\visualstudioProjects\Raspberrypi\Raspberrypi\Raspberrypi.c(2,21): fatal error : bcm2835.h: No such file or directory
    1> #include <bcm2835.h>
    1> ^
    1> compilation terminated.
    1> Makefile:163: recipe for target ‘Debug/Raspberrypi.o’ failed
    1> make: *** [Debug/Raspberrypi.o] Error 1
    1> ————————————————————-
    1> Command exited with code 2
    1> Executable: make
    1> Arguments: CONFIG=Debug
    1> Directory: /tmp/VisualGDB/c/visualstudioProjects/Raspberrypi/Raspberrypi
    1>VisualGDB : error : Command-line action failed
    1>EXEC : error : Build has failed. See the Output window for more details.
    1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(37,5): error MSB3073: The command “”C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\\VisualGDB.exe” /build “C:\visualstudioProjects\Raspberrypi\Raspberrypi\Raspberrypi.vcxproj” “/solution:C:\visualstudioProjects\Raspberrypi\Raspberrypi.sln” “/config:Debug” “/platform:Win32″” exited with code 1.
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
    Thanks for the help

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Placing the file under RemoteSourceCache does not automatically upload it to the Linux machine. Please either upload it directly with SmarTTY or add a pre-build action to upload it during build.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.