Missing Hardware Registers STM32F446RE

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Missing Hardware Registers STM32F446RE

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RaEyE
    Participant

Hello,

today I tried to compile and debug a STM32F446RE mBed project, so far so good.

Only thing I’m missing are Hardware-Registers. I tried to follow your online instroctions on how to enable registers for custom projects (http://visualgdb.com/documentation/hwregs), but found that the menu “Embedded Project” doesn’t represent the option to define a “peripheral register definition file”.

I configured a STM32F446RE project following your project wizard and selected the STM32F446RE-Nucleo profile for ARM mBed projects. Therefore I would like to know, if it is possible to define the location of said definition file after creating the project, but e.g. editing a xml/ini File where Project-Settings are saved manualy.

Greetings,

RaEyE

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry about that, this is a bug of the new mbed BSP that is in the Beta stage.

To fix this, please copy the  %LOCALAPPDATA%\VisualGDB\EmbeddedBSPs\arm-eabi\com.sysprogs.arm.stm32\STM32F4xxxx\DeviceDefinitions\stm32f446xx.xml.gz file to %LOCALAPPDATA%\VisualGDB\EmbeddedBSPs\arm-eabi\com.sysprogs.arm.mbed\DeviceDefinitions\stm32f446xx.xml.gz and add the following line to the mbed.xml file in your project directory under the EmbeddedProfile element:

<MCUDefinitionFile>DeviceDefinitions/stm32f446xx.xml</MCUDefinitionFile>

This will automatically pick the register definitions from the normal STM32 package.

RaEyE
    Participant

Thank you ver much for your fast reply.

Your soulution worked out pretty well and did exactly whit it intended to do.

Will this be fixed in one of the upcoming releases?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, we will fix this in the final BSP release.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.