Missing 'Convert to a Stand-alone Framework'

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Missing 'Convert to a Stand-alone Framework'

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    neon
    Participant

Hi,

Ive tried to follow the tutorial https://visualgdb.com/tutorials/arm/cmake/standalone/frameworks/

But couldnt find “Convert to a Stand-alone Framework” command from the framework context menu referenced in step 10.

Can someone help me?

Thank you!

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

It’s hard to say why exactly the command would not be visible. Perhaps, you selected a different project type, or are not using the Custom edition.

If you could attach a screenshot of the entire uncropped Visual Studio window and the context menu with the missing command, we might be able to suggest something.

neon
    Participant

So I need the custom edition for doing that? I didnt know that…

But anyway I will write my CMakeLists and stuff in a general way now und not relying on add_bsp_executable and friends just to be more flexible in the future.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

It’s a part of the project template mechanism, so the GUI for managing it is indeed only available starting from the Custom edition.

That said, the add_bsp_executable() and related commands work with all editions, are fully documented and are expected to remain fully backward-compatible in the future VisualGDB releases. So you can still rely on the VisualGDB’s CMake framework as long as you define the frameworks manually.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.