Loading QT on BBB using SmarTTY

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Loading QT on BBB using SmarTTY

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    heedaf
    Participant

I’m trying to SSH to my BBB using SmarTTY but I’ve been unsuccessful. I’ve got the BBB connected via a USB cable and Ethernet cable to my computer but the BBB isn’t found. Do I need to connect through a router in order to connect or what else could be the problem?

heedaf
    Participant

I connected the beaglebone to my router and when I use beaglebone for the host name I get “host name not found” When I type the address the DHCP gives .1.18 as the host name I get “LIBSSH2 returned LIBSSH_ERROR_SOCKET_RECV”. If I ping the board with 192.168.1.18 I get all the packets ok. Any idea????

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Do you have the ssh server running on the beaglebone? Can you connect to itself via SSH (type “ssh localhost” via the USB console)?

heedaf
    Participant

Forgive me for asking a really dumb question but where do I find the “usb console”?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for being ambiguous. Please install the Beaglebone drivers. Once installed, they will create a virtual COM port (look in Device Manager for details) that should give you access to the Beaglebone console.

Colin.k
    Participant

I am also having this problem
    Just downloaded the trial version and started the Beagle bone tutorial
    got to the point of making the connection and stoped
    I am running win7 64bit ultimate
    BBB Debian Image 2014-05-14
    I can connect with putty via the usb and Ethernet
    If I use beaglebone as the host name I get no such host
    if is use the usb or Ethernet ip I get
    save key then
    LIBSSH2 returned LIBSSH2 error 0
    I reinstalled SSH server on the BBB
    any sugestions

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The “error 0” usually indicates that the root password is empty. Please set it to a non-empty one and VisualGDB will be able to connect.

Colin.k
    Participant

That did the trick if I use the IP address but fails if I use the name beaglebone
    is this a problem with my PC settings or the BBB?

support
    Keymaster

If your DHCP server is not configured to automatically send DNS updates for its clients (such as beaglebone), the easiest way would be to hardcode the IP address in %SystemRoot%SYSTEM32Driversetchosts.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.