Live Variables shows wrong data

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Live Variables shows wrong data

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    done78
    Participant

Hello I am developing a project using VisualGDB v.  5.4r12 for a STM32H743 microcontroller.

I am reading an external ADC and placing the results (it is a 6 channel ADC and performs the 6 readings at the same time) in a vector of int16_t; I am checking run time the content of the vector using the “Live variables ” window and I get something as shown in the attached image. It is possible to see that sometimes i get  some ‘spikes’ with a value around 300 (both positive and negative). It seemed strange to me since the channel plotted is connected to ground, so i put a trap in my source code that moves a debug pin everytime the ADC’s read value crosses a limit of 50 (please see attached screenshot); well, both ‘ifs’ are never enetered.

So i must assume that what i see in plot of “Live Variables” is something that does not actually exists; is it possible ? And if yes, what could be causing the problem? And why just on that particular value of the vector ?

I’d really like some help on this topic, because i am really clueless.

Thanks in advance

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like your support period has expired. In order to continue receiving technical support, please renew it here: https://sysprogs.com/splm/mykey

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.