Linking fails after upgrading toolchain to 7.2.0

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Linking fails after upgrading toolchain to 7.2.0

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    zzattack
    Participant

I’ve upgraded the arm-eabi toolchain from 6.2.0 to 7.2.0 and found that as a result my project no longer builds successfully.

Compiling is ok but linker fails with error messaeg

1>Linking VisualGDB/Debug/RPDv6…
    1>c:/sysgcc/arm-eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-eabi/7.2.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lcompactcpp

I couldn’t resolve this compactcpp lib to any project setting.

Eventually I found in stm32.props a line

<AdditionalLibraryNames>compactcpp;%(Link.AdditionalLibraryNames)</AdditionalLibraryNames>

After removing this the project built once again. Not sure if this is a proper resolution though.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, we removed the compactcpp library from the latest toolchain as it is no longer needed with the latest libc++ optimizations. VisualGDB would normally update your project automatically if you change any settings on the first page of VisualGDB Project Properties, but removing it manually should produce exactly the same result and is totally OK.

RVCS
    Participant

Hi,

I have the same issue; changing properties does not solve. Where is the “stm32.props” file located? Thanks.

RVCS

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The stm32.props file is located in the main project directory (same directory as the .vcxproj file). Please note that the file name might be different if you are using a different MCU family. Searching for *.props in the project directory should normally help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.