Linker file not included with custom project template

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Linker file not included with custom project template

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    CurtisHx
    Participant

I’m trying to create a custom project template.  I want to include the linker file with the project template, but it does not appear to be working.

I started with a project to “templatize”, which has the linker script locally.  I went into VisualGDB Properties -> Makefile settings, and clicked on the “Make a local copy” button.  The linker script is in the project folder with the rest of the source files.

I then made the project template by going to File-> Export VisualGDB Project Template and exporting the template.

However, when I try to create a project from the template, the Linker script selection is empty under the “Device Selection” step, and linking the test project fails.  Once the project is created an I manually add the linker script by right clicking “Make files” and going to Add->Existing Item, everything is fine.  The linker script shows up under VisualGDB Properties->Makefile settings->Linker script.  It does not show up when creating the project from the template.

The linker script does wind up in the project folder.

How can I include the linker file when creating a project template?  I tried setting its “File Type” to Makefile in the project being templatized, but that did not have any effect.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by CurtisHx.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by CurtisHx.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed reply. Looks like there was a bug in our template exporting mechanism. We have fixed it in this build: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/VisualGDB-5.2.5.936.msi

If it still does not work, please let us know.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.