Line breaks in build output in console

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Line breaks in build output in console

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    megaderek
    Participant

I’m currently using the VisualGDB  preview build VisualGDB-5.3.17.1966 (so I could get CMakeLists support)

Overall its working fine and I’m happy with the new CMakeLists support.

Although I’ve noticed I get a lot of odd line breaks in the build output, sometimes an entire file path gets output as a long column of single characters.

Is this an issue with the Android build tools or Visual Studio or is there a setting somewhere I can rectify this with?

Output looks like the following:

[76/338] Building C object CMakeFiles/native-lib.dir/E_/Projects/Engine/libpng/pngrtran.c.o
    [77/338] Building C object CMakeFiles/n
    ative-lib.dir/E_/Projects/Engine/libpng/pngrutil.c.o
    [78/338] Building C object CMakeFiles/native-lib.dir/E_/Projects/Engine/libpng/pngset.c.o
    [79/338] Building C object CMakeFiles/native-lib.dir/E_/Projects/Engine/libpng/pngtrans.c.o
    [80/338] Building C object CMakeFiles/n
    ative-lib.dir/E_/Projects/Engine/libpng/pngwio.c.o
    [81/338] Building C object CMakeFiles/native-lib.dir/E_/Projects/Engine/libpng/pngwrite.c.o
    [82/338] Building C object CMakeFiles/native-lib.dir/E_/Projects/Engine/libpng/pngwtran.c.o

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Strange, normally this would not happen. Does this happen in the Output window (the regular Build Output pane?)? Could you please share a screenshot so that we could see if anything else could provide a hint to the cause behind this?

megaderek
    Participant

Here is a screenshot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    megaderek
    Participant

Just an update I see that the same thing occurs in Android Studio so its probably not the fault of VisualGDB.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the screenshot. This type of output is processed directly by Visual Studio and should not be affected by any VisualGDB bugs. If you observe the same in Android Studio, this is likely a bug in Gradle.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.