Just won’t work. Windows 7 ultimate x64

Sysprogs forums Forums WinCDEmu Just won’t work. Windows 7 ultimate x64

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    blank
    Participant

When i first heard about this program, i was excited because i’ve been previously using daemone tools lite, which is kinda bloated, and this program seemed like such an easy solution.

but, i simply cannot get this to work. And it’s getting ridiculous.

I downloaded the latest 3.3 signed version from the website, and go install, and it said everything was fine.

When i right click in an iso to mount it, it pops up saying its installing the driver. however it does this forever and eventually times out.

So i have to restart my computer to remove uninstall this, because the installer/uninstaller is then froze.

After i uninstalled it, i then reinstalled it as an administrator, and same problem.

So i rebooted, and uninstalled again.

but now i still have the “select drive letter & mount” in my right click menu, even tho this is uninstalled.

how do i remove this unusable program??

thanks

support
    Keymaster

You can remove any unusable program, as well as any usable program by using “add/remove programs” applet in the Control Panel.
    Additionally, I would recommend checking for buggy 3rd-party CDROM filter drivers (search this forum for GearASPIWdm). They might be the reason of WinCDEmu being unusable on your machine.

blank
    Participant

@bazis wrote:

You can remove any unusable program, as well as any usable program by using “add/remove programs” applet in the Control Panel.
    Additionally, I would recommend checking for buggy 3rd-party CDROM filter drivers (search this forum for GearASPIWdm). They might be the reason of WinCDEmu being unusable on your machine.

Yeah im not a noob, i know how to uninstall programs. Thanks for that…. 😐

anyways your uninstall left all thee traces, such as in the right click menu. i need those to be removed. how do i do it?

support
    Keymaster

The incompatibility caused by GearASPIWdm is a known issue. If you prefer calling WinCDEmu buggy rather than searching the forum for a solution, it is your choice.
    To remove the “Select drive letter & mount” prompt, please go to the HKCR.iso key, look up the default value there (e.g. BazisVirtualCD.Iso), then go to HKCR{value from .iso}shell and remove the “Select drive letter && mount” subkey.

Anonymous
    Participant

I’ve been using this without any issues on my Win7x64 Home Premium HP Pavilion ever since the signed version became available. I don’t think I could live without it and highly recommend it!

Anonymous
    Participant

Want to add my ha’penny’s worth – I run Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit and no prob. Been using WinCDEmu for a while, and would always recommend it 😀

Anonymous
    Participant

I’m on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, and I can’t get this to work either. I was interested in it because it’s so light weight, and open source (I’m somewhat the open source junkie). It installed just fine, I was able to install the driver no problem, but when I go to mount an image it just doesn’t do anything. It brings up the box asking me for administrative privileges, and I accept, and then it just ends, and nothing happens.
    I tried to uninstall it and it doesn’t work (and if you try to explain to me how to find the programs and features applet, I will find out where you live 👿 )
    When I use the windows programs and features, I click uninstall, and nothing happens, and then when I try again, it says it’s uninstalling, when it’s not. I check all my processes going on, and there are NO processes from any kind of uninstaller. In fact there are NEVER any processes for wincdemu going at all, so it’s not like for some reason it’s just not showing up, whenever I use it, it just simply doesn’t start a process.
    Then when I use the Vaio Apps Uninstaller (which I usually use, it seems to work much better than the windows one) I click uninstall, and it just refreshes, and it’s still there, and I can click uninstall on it as many times as I want and it never uninstalls.

And yes, when I installed wincdemu I restarted my PC (I know SOMEONE was going to ask me that, because someone always does).
    Also, I should note I have another virtual drive from Roxio, however if that was going to effect it, it wouldn’t effect it like this, it would not keep any processes from wincdemu working, like the uninstaller. I uninstalled all the roxio stuff (way to bloated for so much nothing) but the virtual drive (not really even sure how to uninstall that, other than uninstalling the driver in device manager).

Once again I really don’t think it’s the roxio virtual drive conflicting with it, that wouldn’t keep it from uninstalling. I also tried uninstalling the driver for wincdemu in device manager, and it just brings up the uninstall box thing, and sits there, I can’t hit cancel or anything. When I go to task manager and end task, the pop up box says that it is waiting for conformation from me, like it’s waiting for administrative privileges, but it never asks for them.

And I really don’t want to manually uninstall it, I just really don’t feel like finding the registry keys and all the crap, I’d rather just let it sit and take up the small amount of space it is, at least until someone gets a fix for this. Preferably I’d like to get it working, this WOULD be the ideal virtual drive, if it were to work.

Anonymous
    Participant

Same problem goes for me. I’m using Win7 Ultimate x64. Even after a fresh install of Windows i couldnt get it to work.

Leolo
    Participant

sparkle,

You must have a corrupted Windows 7 disc or ISO. Or perhaps you have a custom install made by an OEM manufacturer (full of crapware, of course).

If you do a fresh install of Windows using a ISO direct from Microsoft, WinCDEmu will work perfectly.

Anonymous
    Participant

i’m new here and i have windows 7 ultimate x64, WinCDEmu works perfectly in my computer, don´t forget allow install the unsigned driver

this software it’s great, thanks to the WinCDEmu Team

saludos

Anonymous
    Participant

I have A Solution, Which Works,
    While Installing WINCDEMU, Choose customize installation, and do not install it on default location, ie do not install in c:programfiles (x86)
    choose any other folder, ie you try use c:wincdemu
    it works perfectly with c:wincdemu.

Thanks for reading

Anonymous
    Participant

@blank wrote:

When i first heard about this program, i was excited because i’ve been previously using daemone tools lite, which is kinda bloated, and this program seemed like such an easy solution.

but, i simply cannot get this to work. And it’s getting ridiculous.

I downloaded the latest 3.3 signed version from the website, and go install, and it said everything was fine.

When i right click in an iso to mount it, it pops up saying its installing the driver. however it does this forever and eventually times out.

So i have to restart my computer to remove uninstall this, because the installer/uninstaller is then froze.

After i uninstalled it, i then reinstalled it as an administrator, and same problem.

So i rebooted, and uninstalled again.

but now i still have the “select drive letter & mount” in my right click menu, even tho this is uninstalled.

how do i remove this unusable program??

thanks

I have A Solution, Which Works,
    While Installing WINCDEMU, Choose customize installation, and do not install it on default location, ie do not install in c:programfiles (x86)
    choose any other folder, ie you try use c:wincdemu
    it works perfectly with c:wincdemu.

Thanks for reading

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.