Issues maintaining a library project alongside a master project

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Issues maintaining a library project alongside a master project

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Brian Beuken
    Participant

As I have been building a collection of utility classes and functions for Raspberry Pi projects. I decided to enclose them all in a static lib project.

But I am having a lot of trouble with the new projects that use this library. I build a project for MyLibs, and have no problems at all creating a usable static lib.
    But If I create a solution with the main and library projects, I find I am unable to set a dependency on the library, which will build, and I can see the newer MyLibs.a being stored on my target, but the main project seem to also try to build MyLibs and finds no makefile to build it. So it fails.

Removing dependency and ensuring a specific build/rebuild on the lib first seems to work, except that the intellisense, and by extension, debugger does not maintain an uptodate cache on the Dev PC (I am building on the target) of my library, so changes are not reflected.
    In other worlds. it all goes a bit wrong.
    Can someone point me to an explanation of how VisualGDB manages multi project solutions like this?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

First of all, we recommend using MSBuild instead of GNU Make as it is more flexible and requires less workarounds on the VisualGDB side.

If you want to use Makefiles nonetheless, please add a dependency and then rebuild the solution. Do you see both projects being build in the correct order? If no, please attach the build output here. If yes, please let us know what does not work.

Brian Beuken
    Participant

ok I’ll switch to msbuild and see what different that makes and report back.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.