Issues after upgrading CMake, VS 16.10, VisualGDB

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Issues after upgrading CMake, VS 16.10, VisualGDB

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    steve.n
    Participant

I updated to the latest CMake package available when the dialog appeared while opening Visual Studio / VGDB.

This seemed to cause issues with finding standard header libraries. Cannot find string.h, stdio.h, etc. Interestingly is says it cannot find ‘-nostdinc’.

I updated to the latest Visual Studio (16.10) and VisualGDB to see if that would work (5.6 Beta 1, build 4119) but the issue remains.

Second issue: all the BSP packages (except for ‘Core’) are now moved inline with the primary CMake target (making it impossible to collapse/hide them). See image attached.

Thankfully these are just annoyances right now. Everything seems to builds fine.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem, we have reproduced and fixed the issue with the component list. Please try updating to the latest CMake package via VisualGDB Package Manager.

We could not reproduce the issue with the headers though. Please try closing the solution, deleting the build and .visualgdb folders and reopening it again. If it doesn’t solve the problem, please try following the steps below to track it down:

1. Take a note of the specific source file that reports missing headers and a specific header file that is missing.
    2. Locate the target containing that source file.
    3. Locate the <project directory>\build\VisualGDB\Debug\.cmake\api\v1\reply\target-<ID>.json file corresponding to that target and make a backup of it.
    4. Install the old CMake version manually. You can simply rename the file to .tgz and extract it to %LOCALAPPDATA%\VisualGDB\CMake.
    5. Reload the project and confirm that the problem no longer occurs.
    6. Locate the updated json file for the target.
    7. Attach both json files (please put them into a .zip archive) and let us know the exact source file that triggers the error, the exact header file that is missing, and the directory where that header file is located when it’s found (when using the old CMake build). This should help us track it down and release a hotfix.

steve.n
    Participant

The update worked for reorganizing the BSP frameworks.

After some testing I found the culprit in my CMakeLists.txt causing the include issue: setting a forced include:

set_forced_include_files(BSP PUBLIC forced_include.h)

I can give you a sample project if you have issues re-creating it.

support
    Keymaster

Thanks, we have reproduced the issue and updated VisualGDB to handle the -include switches reported by the new CMake correctly.

Please try this build: VisualGDB-5.6.1.4132.msi

steve.n
    Participant

The new build works good. No issues. Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.