Issue with Clang

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Issue with Clang

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    sidprice
    Participant

I have a problem with the drop-down code browsing controls in the main edit windows of VS2017. I noticed that a whole group of functions were not being listed. They all have the same return type of “bool”. If I change the return type to “void” and ignore the warning about the return statement the function then appears in the drop-down.

The type “bool” is defined as “_Bool”. If I use “_Bool” the drop-down has the function.

Sid

• This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by sidprice.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This could happen if your code contained some definitions that would not be correctly parsed by Clang (normally it would result in errors in the Error pane). Feel free to attach a repro project and we will look into fixing this.

sidprice
    Participant

Here you go,

Sid

sidprice
    Participant

Try file again … Sid

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks, we have reproduced and fixed the problem. Please try this build: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/VisualGDB-5.4.1.2077.msi

sidprice
    Participant

I downloaded that and it does not fix the issue. Do I need to force a rescan of the CLang data somehow?

Sid

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Any edit to the source file should be sufficient to rebuild the related parts of the cache. If this still doesn’t work, please let us know.

sidprice
    Participant

I added a new function to the test project I sent you, it still does not display all the functions in the file,

Sid

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Strange, we have just double-checked that project on a different machine and it still worked. Please double-check the timestamp on the C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\CppEngineCore64.dll file – it should be February 26th. If not, please double-check the VisualGDB version under Help->About VisualGDB and try reinstalling the temporary build we mentioned.

sidprice
    Participant

I did the download again and installed. It appears to have fixed the issue. However, the version in the About box is not 5.4.1.2077. Snip attached.

Many thanks,

Sid

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The build number (2077) looks correct, so looks like it got installed properly this time.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.