Intellisense/Clang & gcc instrinsics

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Intellisense/Clang & gcc instrinsics

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    MattK
    Participant

I have a macro that uses the gcc __typeof intrinsic:

#define MAX(a,b) \
    ({ __typeof__(a) _a = (a); \
    __typeof__(b) _b = (b); \
    (_a > _b) ? _a : _b; })

Intellisense is marking the macro calls as errors, since the __typeof intrinsic is unknown:
    (Error: Expected an expression).

Is there anyway to make Intellisense ignore these “errors”? I hate seeing my scroll bar littered with little red dots for a perfectly good application!

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, please use the Clang IntelliSense engine. It is fully compatible with most of the Clang/GCC language extensions.

MattK
    Participant

I had disabled Clang to avoid some other issues.  Turning it on does indeed fix the gcc intrinsics.

However, now the “Find Symbol Results [Clang]” window constantly flickers, and lines selected in its results are not visible:

Lines not visible

Additionally, I’m getting an error in the “Error List” window:

[Clang Intellisense] Error: ‘C:\\Git\zebra\BSP\stm32_compat.h’ file not found

Any help with these issues?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We have fixed the problems related to the Find Symbol Results window in this build: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/VisualGDB-5.2.2.794.msi

It also contains numerous improvements to the IntelliSense engine that make it much faster for large projects.

You can resolve the stm32_compat.h problem by opening Visual Studio project properties (not VisualGDB Project Properties) and removing the stm32_compat.h file from the “Forced Includes” field.

Let us know if you encounter further problems.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.