Integration test saving Timing Tests to file

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Integration test saving Timing Tests to file

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    AEHadi
    Participant

For purposes of visualizing performance over time and for being able to document that performance over different configurations/versions, is there a way to read the value of a “time label” and perhaps set that value to a variable in code so to be able to send that value to a respective file using visualGDB’s TestResourceManager?

EDIT: I just figured out the problem to the question I had so instead I would like to ask to clarify if what I am doing is correct. In the picture attached I would like to give the variable DWT_CYCCNT the time it takes for AEInit() to execute. will setting breakpoints shown in the pick give me this? also, the variable reads 4614. Is this always going to be for units of nanoseconds?

And if I could slip one more question in, I cant find how to delete integration tests without going through xml?

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by AEHadi.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

There is no special API for sending timestamps via semihosting. As the DWT_CYCCNT register is a part of the ARM core and not part of VisualGDB, it is not covered by our support. Please refer to the ARM documentation for more details.

For a more high-level solution, please consider using real-time watch instead.

Regarding the integration tests, simply pressing the “delete” button on the selected test should work.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.