Instrumentation: Sanitizers

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Instrumentation: Sanitizers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    surahman
    Participant

Hi,

Are the Address and Memory Sanitizers functional with GCC/G++? I see that there is an option to turn them on in the instrumentation section of project properties but it keeps throwing up errors like these:

==9338==ERROR: AddressSanitizer failed to allocate 0xdfff0001000 (15392894357504) bytes at address 2008fff7000 (errno: 12)
    ==9338==ReserveShadowMemoryRange failed while trying to map 0xdfff0001000 bytes. Perhaps you’re using ulimit -v

Thanks.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This looks like a known limitation of the address sanitizer logic caused by heap fragmentation. Please try following the advice from this thread, although your program might be simply too large for the address sanitizer to work correctly.

surahman
    Participant

Hi,

Sorry, I guess I should’ve been a little more precise with my question and given a little more information on the Linux system. Deploying and testing on WSL with g++6, which might be the primary cause of the issue, and I can’t really find where in the VGDB UI I should be passing/setting these arguments. I’m still finding my way around all the settings.

Thanks.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortunately the way WSL allocates memory is completely outside VisualGDB’s control. Please try running the same project on a 64-bit Kubuntu VM, if the problem is caused by WSL-specific patches, it should help resolve it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.