Import Folder Missing

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Import Folder Missing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    MikeGranby
    Participant

For some reason, the wonderfully useful recursive “import folder” option seems to have disappeared from my VS 2010 installation with Visual GDB Custom. Doesn’t seem to be present in VS 2017 or VS 2019. Any ideas?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please double-check that other VisualGDB commands are present and that the Import Folder command was not explicitly hidden via Tools->Customize.

If nothing helps, please share a screenshot of the About VisualGDB window from the same VS version, and also a screenshot of the entire screen showing Solution Explorer and the context menu where the “Import folder” command would normally appear, so that we could try to understand what is going on.

MikeGranby
    Participant

Okay. I found it. It’s disabled when I’ve got the project in the Win32 configuration, but it comes back if I flip to one of my custom Linux configurations. (I’m not using VisualGDB’s configuration type, but instead some custom MSBuild magic.) Sorry for the false alarm! I’ll get my coat… 🙂

support
    Keymaster

No worries. BTW, as long as VisualGDB is fully initialized (either when you create/open a compatible project, or just run the Help->About VisualGDB command), the “import folder” command should appear for all .vcxproj projects, even if they are not based on VisualGDB.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.