I2C.h and I2C.c not in ESP32 toolchain

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB I2C.h and I2C.c not in ESP32 toolchain

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    theflyingzephyr
    Participant

I’m working on interfacing some I2C devices on ESP32 and I see that I2C files are missing from the ESP32 toolchain that you provide. I found the files on the toolchain that Espressif provides and I put them in place in my copy of your toolchain. I get the project to build and load and run with no exceptions showing on the JTAG or com port, but I’m not getting any activity on the I2C lines (watching with a logic analyzer that DOES show I2C working properly on an ESP8266). I guess something is wrong with my attempt to lace I2C into the source.

Sysprogs people:  I expect you know how to do this. Could you please add the I2C files to the toolchain, and maybe throw up a demo?

Anybody else: Have you gotten I2C to work on ESP32 with VisualGDB? If so I would love to see how you did it.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We are sorry about the inconvenience you are experiencing with ESP32. Please note that our ESP32 toolchain is based on the esp-idf 1.0 that does not have an I2C driver. We will update the toolchain once the esp-idf 2.0 is officially released (currently it’s RC1).

Generally the ESP8266 and ESP32 chips are very new and often don’t work or work unreliably, so we can only guarantee that the basic debugging functions covered in our tutorials will work on exactly the same hardware. If you are looking for more reliable hardware that works out-of-the-box, please consider ARM-based devices from major manufacturers instead.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.