How to make VisualGDB copy a resource file to remote machine cache

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB How to make VisualGDB copy a resource file to remote machine cache

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    roy111
    Participant

Hi,

I have a CMake project on a local windows machine and I used VisualGDB to build and debug the project on a remote Ubuntu machine.

My C++ project has a resource file ( such as myData.xml ) which is stored in a subfolder within the project. That file is required at runtime.

Each time I modify that myData.xml  file on my local windows machine I have to manually copy the modified file to the remote Ubuntu VisualGDB cache file, since it is not part of the C++ project.

Is there a way to automate the process, such that each time that file is modified it will be copied by VisualGDB to the remote cache on the build machine, as happens with all other .cpp and .h files?

Thanks!

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you are using a Custom edition or higher, you can create a custom pre-debug action (or a custom shortcut) to transfer the necessary files. Both can be configured via VisualGDB Project Properties; pre-debug actions are always launched before debugging, while custom shortcuts can be launched manually via Project->VisualGDB Custom Shortcuts menu.

Another option would be to simply add “*.xml” to the list of transferred file masks on the first page of VisualGDB Project Properties.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.