how to import a source folder in Visual GDB

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB how to import a source folder in Visual GDB

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    b.timofte
    Participant

I have the Visual GDB embedded version, and i saw that on full version i had a special visual gdb import folder  button when i clicked Add…

How do i add a folder with *.h and *.c and *.hpp files to mingw windows project ?

I see VS2015 has a default option –>show all files and then select folder and then right click include in project . Does this work ?

Why have you removed from the normal version such important functionality like adding a folder with source files ?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, you can easily add files in ONE folder with just the Visual Studio’s Add->Existing Item command.

The “Import Folder Recursively” command only simplifies importing of large hierarchies with multiple subdirectories. We have made it available only starting from the Custom edition because we want to keep the price of the Embedded edition extremely low to make it affordable.

Many of the Custom Edition’s features could be replaced with manual scripting (e.g. editing the .vcxproj files in this case), but save time if you are actually using the Custom one. If you believe the saved time is worth the price difference, you can always upgrade your edition via this link: https://sysprogs.com/splm/mykey

b.timofte
    Participant

Visual Studio Import is slow.. taking forever … 20 minutes for 4000 .c files .

Visual GDB import recuresvily works in 10 seconds , but removal of Src folder again takes ages …

support
    Keymaster

Yes, this is a known Visual Studio problem. What VisualGDB actually does for large folders is unloads the entire VS project, edits it manually and reloads it back.

Manually adding a lot of files via Visual Studio command would cause a HUGE delay. Note that this delay does not come from VisualGDB and happens with any other Visual Studio project.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.