How to create an empty project for stm32 correctly

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB How to create an empty project for stm32 correctly

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Aleksandr
    Participant

Hello.

Trying to create an empty project.

It compiles without errors:

c:/sysgcc/arm-eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.2.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: warning: cannot find entry symbol Reset_Handler; defaulting to 0800010c
    ——————- Memory utilization report ——————-
    Used FLASH: 3828 bytes out of 3828 bytes (100%)
    Used RAM: 2680 bytes out of 2680 bytes (100%)

========== Project Build Summary ==========
    EmbeddedProject1 built in 00:02
    ========== Build: 1 Succeeded, 0 Failed ==========

But when you try to run the debugger, it fails.

Open On-Chip Debugger 0.10.0 (2020-01-14) [https://github.com/sysprogs/openocd]
    Licensed under GNU GPL v2
    libusb1 09e75e98b4d9ea7909e8837b7a3f00dda4589dc3
    For bug reports, read
    http://openocd.org/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
    WARNING: interface/stlink-v2.cfg is deprecated, please switch to interface/stlink.cfg
    Info : auto-selecting first available session transport “hla_swd”. To override use ‘transport select <transport>’.
    Info : The selected transport took over low-level target control. The results might differ compared to plain JTAG/SWD
    Info : clock speed 1000 kHz
    Info : STLINK v2 JTAG v32 API v2 SWIM v7 VID 0x0483 PID 0x3748
    Info : using stlink api v2
    Info : Target voltage: 3.240238
    Error: init mode failed (unable to connect to the target)

Although in the debugger settings, the test is successful.

I also use my stm32 initial initialization file.

Please, help me set up an empty project for stm32.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like the project is missing some components (e.g. interrupt vector table or a reset handler). Please make sure you include them in the project.

The easiest way to do it would be to start with a non-empty project and remove all extra components from VisualGDB Project Properties -> Embedded Frameworks, and also remove everything from the main file.

Aleksandr
    Participant

Perhaps the reason is that I use a dynamic interrupt table from RAM.

Where in VisualGDB point to my .cpp file with initialization (interrupt vector table and a reset handler).

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can add new files to your project same way as for regular VS projects: right-click on the project node in Solution Explorer and select Add->Existing Item.

Aleksandr
    Participant

It’s too simple, but it doesn’t work that way(The screenshot in the attachment).

And also if create a project from the example, and delete third-party files, as well as disable third-party libraries in the settings, then there are many HAL libraries in the dependencies, but I need to get a project where only CMSIS and my libraries are used.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Looks like you did not follow our instructions about creating a project and removing the libraries via VisualGDB Project Properties -> Embedded Frameworks and instead created a project without a linker script and other compiler/linker-level settings. Please make sure you follow those instructions.

Aleksandr
    Participant

Can I ask you for full instructions on creating an empty project and using the interrupt vector table from RAM? As my multiple attempts have not crowned success((

support
    Keymaster

Sorry, this is not covered by our technical support. Please refer to the STM32 documentation for further details.

Aleksandr
    Participant

https://yadi.sk/d/GNkCNVfKnlurXA

Here is my project, check it please, what is done wrong.

Aleksandr
    Participant

Please tell me how I can enable creation .map file?

support
    Keymaster

No problem. Please share a screenshot of the entire VS window showing your solution and also a screenshot of the Help->About VisualGDB window and we will help you find the right setting.

Aleksandr
    Participant

screenshots in the attachment

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Thanks, looks like you are using an MSBuild-based project.
    Please refer to the following tutorial for an example on enabling the map files: https://visualgdb.com/tutorials/arm/linkerscripts/

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.