How to change toolchain to common gcc

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB How to change toolchain to common gcc

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    marosdurik
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I am trying Visual Studio 2015 + VisualGDB and I think it is pretty good! I tried a many of IDEs like: CooCox, Atollic, OpenSTM… but I really like VS platform. Everything works fine but I want to ask a question about changing a toolchain in created project. Actual toolchain has 5.3 GCC version, but sometimes I want/have to compile and link my project with older GCC version (for example GCC 4.9.x what I am using in CooCox). I found some information that I have to edit stm32.mak – which I eddited like this:

<hr />

#VisualGDB provides BSP_ROOT and TOOLCHAIN_ROOT via environment when running Make. The line below will only be active if GNU Make is started manually.
    BSP_ROOT ?= $(LOCALAPPDATA)/VisualGDB/EmbeddedBSPs/arm-eabi/com.sysprogs.arm.stm32
    EFP_BASE ?= $(LOCALAPPDATA)/VisualGDB/EmbeddedEFPs

TOOLCHAIN_ROOT ?= C:/Install/GCC 4.5.2/arm-gcc/arm-none-eabi

CC := $(TOOLCHAIN_ROOT)/bin/gcc.exe
    CXX := $(TOOLCHAIN_ROOT)/bin/g++.exe
    LD := $(CXX)
    AR := $(TOOLCHAIN_ROOT)/bin/ar.exe
    OBJCOPY := $(TOOLCHAIN_ROOT)/bin/objcopy.exe

#Additional flags
    PREPROCESSOR_MACROS += ARM_MATH_CM4 STM32F407VE
    INCLUDE_DIRS += .
    LIBRARY_DIRS +=
    LIBRARY_NAMES += compactcpp
    ADDITIONAL_LINKER_INPUTS +=
    MACOS_FRAMEWORKS +=
    LINUX_PACKAGES +=

CFLAGS +=
    CXXFLAGS +=
    ASFLAGS += -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16
    LDFLAGS +=
    COMMONFLAGS += -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -mfloat-abi=soft
    LINKER_SCRIPT := $(BSP_ROOT)/STM32F4xxxx/LinkerScripts/STM32F407VE_flash.lds

<hr />

Later I found that I have to edit stm32.xml file too, but I do not know how.

Is there some way? Could you give me some guide? Thank you very much!

Maros

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We have added this feature to the v5.2 version. Please try the latest VisualGDB 5.2 Beta 2. You can switch the toolchain on the Makefile Settings page of your VisualGDB Project Properties.

marosdurik
    Participant

Hi, thank you very much for your response. I will try it.

But could you (only for my interest) tell me how can I switch it manually in my version GDB?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can do that by creating another project with the new toolchain and copying the ToolchainID value from its stm32.xml file to the old project’s stm32.xml.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.