How does the generated bin file burn into the motherboard?

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB How does the generated bin file burn into the motherboard?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Yuex.S
    Participant

How does the generated bin file burn into the motherboard?
    I am developing esp8266, how to generate the bin file how to burn into the motherboard, generated several bin files

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The ESP8266 images consist of several non-consequent blocks that need to be programmed at different addresses in the FLASH memory following the “<Project Name>-<Offset>.bin” syntax. The “<project name>.bin” file is generated by the regular objcopy tool that is not aware of the ESP8266 specifics and should be ignored.

Yuex.S
    Participant

But the file I generated is not “<Project Name>-<Offset>.bin” syntax. Is it something that needs to be set?
    The file I generated is just “<Project Name>.bin” syntax

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The <offset> files are generated when you debug your program first. You can also use the ESPImageTool.exe from the <toolchain>\esp8266-bsp directory to generate the files or program them via the bootloader.

Yuex.S
    Participant

Hello, where is <offset> generated, and not seen.

Yuex.S
    Participant

I clicked the “program and start Without debuging” and became a two “<project name>-<Offset>. bin” file that has been written to normal, thanks very much.

Yuex.S
    Participant

Excuse me, is ESPImageTool.exe open source?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes [here], but it comes with absolutely no warranties or support of any kind.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.