Highlight issues in Visual Studio's Dark Theme

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Highlight issues in Visual Studio's Dark Theme

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    borbmizzet
    Participant

I’m using VisualGDB v5.2b2, with VS2015 Community with the Dark theme and I’m still getting random things highlighted in very bright grey (after and/or while modifying them) making them virtually unreadable without selecting them, and they wont unhighlight without messing around a bunch or closing and reopening the file.  For instance, After changing a #define from “#define FOO” to “#define BAR”, BAR highlights in almost white, with the little lightbulb button popping up “Rename ‘FOO’ to ‘BAR’ with preview” and “Rename ‘FOO’ to ‘BAR'”, both of which result in a Clang Intellisense Error “Cannot get IVsTextLines object”.  That doesn’t go away as long as the highlighting is there.  It also sometimes happens with member function declarations and/or parameters

borbmizzet
    Participant

The annoying highlighting also highlights function declarations with no implimentation.  Figured I’d mention that too.

borbmizzet
    Participant

The same thing as the first post happened in the following sequence:

copy “void bar(int a)” from declaration of class Foo in Foo.h into Foo.cpp

paste “Foo::” before bar in Foo.cpp

then the annoying highlighting happens and the lightbulb thing shows up again, but the options are “Rename ‘bar’ to ‘Foo with preview'” and “Rename ‘bar’ to ‘Foo'” both of which clicking results in Clang Intellisense error “Entity name mismatch: ‘Foo::bar’ != ‘Foo'”

sidprice
    Participant

I can confirm I see similar issues, thanks for reproducing it “borbmizzet”.

Sid

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please try resetting the Visual Studio fonts & colors cache by deleting the HKCU\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\FontsAndColors\Cache key.

This should force VS to reload the correct colors.

borbmizzet
    Participant

I did that, but it still happens on occasion, such as after renaming and changing the type of row from “std::list<T>::iterator iter = thelist.begin();” to “uint8_t row = 0;”

in the following statement

for (uint8_t row = 0; row < size; row++);

in “uint8_t row = 0;”  “row” still has that annoying highlighting and the same “Rename ‘iter’ to ‘row’ messages” in the lightbulb.

Now that I think of it, its almost always after I rename something or do a paste-replace;

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by borbmizzet.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Perhaps this is a different issue? Could you please attach a screenshot so that we could see if this can be reproduced?

borbmizzet
    Participant
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, this is a separate issue. The color for renaming suggestions is currently set regardless of the color theme.

The workaround is very straight-forward: please change it via Tools->Options->Fonts and Colors->Text Editor->Refactoring Suggestion.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.