Getting "ToolFailedException" when building

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Getting "ToolFailedException" when building

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    CurtisHx
    Participant

I’m getting a ToolFailedException along with a “Failed to compile file.cpp.  GCC exited with code 1” error when I try to build my project.  Apparently GCC is is unhappy about something, but VisualGDB is eating the error generated by GCC.

What can I do to investigate this problem?  I’m not sure where to start.

2> Sysprogs.Build.Tasks.VisualGDBTask+ToolFailedException
    2> Sysprogs.Build.Tasks.VisualGDBTask+ToolFailedException: Failed to compile file.cpp. GCC exited with code 1
    2>    at Sysprogs.Build.Tasks.GCCCompile.LaunchContext.ThrowTaskFailedException(Int32 exitCode)
    2>    at Sysprogs.Build.Tasks.GCCCompile.WaitForAvailableSlot(ParallelProcessSlot[] slots, Boolean waitAll, Boolean ignoreCancelEvent)
    2>    at Sysprogs.Build.Tasks.GCCCompile.BuildLocally(List`1 jobs, String tool)
    2>    at Sysprogs.Build.Tasks.GCCCompile.DoExecuteOrThrow(String tool)
    2>    at Sysprogs.Build.Tasks.VisualGDBTask.Execute()

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The error message should normally contain the gcc output. Does it show any details about the problem?

If not, please try running gcc manually with the flags shown in the error message. Sometimes gcc fails to start due to missing DLL files and only shows a meaningful error message if started manually from cmd.exe or Explorer.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.