GDBServer on dynamic port

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB GDBServer on dynamic port

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    amirs
    Participant

When I’m using deploy on a different machine, which means I’m using gdbserver, is it possible to use a dynamic port?

Currently it defaults to `2000` and if two people uses the deployment machine at the same time it will conflict, and VisualGDB will fail.

I was unable to specific port `0` which means gdbserver will be given a random port,
    but then VisualGDB needs to read its output to figure out to which port to connect to.

Any thoughts?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortunately it’s not currently supported, however we will add this feature in the upcoming maintenance release (4.1r8). Thanks for your feedback.

amirs
    Participant

Thanks!

support
    Keymaster

We have added support for dynamic port detection to VisualGDB 4.1r8. You can download it from http://visualgdb.com/download/VisualGDB-4.1r8-trial.msi
    Do use this feature please select “Debug with a custom GDB stub” on the Debug Settings page, then setup the stub as “gdbserver” with arguments “:0 $(TargetPath)”.
    Then click on “Setup advanced GDBServer settings” and specify the following settings:

Wait to ensure the server starts: 5000 msec
    End waiting when the server outputs text: [yes]
    Regex: Listening on port ([0-9]+)
    Override GDBServer port: [yes]
    Regex group: 1

With these settings VisualGDB will look for the ‘Listening on port …’ message, parse the port number in it and connect GDB to it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.