Frequent CLang Engine Crash

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Frequent CLang Engine Crash

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    codex653
    Participant

Hi,

Lately over the past several days I’ve been noticing a dramatic increase in the frequency with which the CLang intellisense engine is crashing. At this point it crashes every few minutes or so and is starting to interrupt my work flow. I’ve attached the associated minidump file it spat out. Any idea what’s up?

codex653
    Participant

Trying a different file extension…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the dump file. It looks like it might be related to a recently solved problem. Could you please try this build: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/VisualGDB-5.3.18.2019.msi

If the problem persists, please attach an updated dump file so that we could investigate it.

codex653
    Participant

I’ve installed it and I’ll post back if anything goes awry. Thanks.

codex653
    Participant

Well, it worked fine enough for about a day or so, but it’s started back up again. I’ve attached the new dump file.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the dump file. This actually looks like a known Clang bug that we have not been able to pinpoint yet. Clang crashes while trying to parse a comment after an #ifdef directive. If you could locate the place in the code responsible for this and send us a repro, we should be able to fix it.

Another option (if you could get this to crash consistently) would be to try a debug build of the engine (https://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/CppEngineCore64.7z) and send us a full dump (if you get an ‘assertion failed’ message, please attach VS, click ‘retry’ and create a dump file). This should help us pinpoint and fix this.

codex653
    Participant

Interesting! If I manage to get some free time I’ll try and dig into it. Thanks for the update.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.