Framework Selection in Release and Debug modes

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Framework Selection in Release and Debug modes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jona
    Spectator

I would like to keep the Fast Semihosting framework OFF in release builds.

In Project Properties | Embedded Frameworks (Configuration: Release), if I uncheck Fast Semihosting it will also be unchecked for DEBUG configuration.

I am using latest 5.4 beta I downloaded 2 days ago.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, this isn’t supported fully automatically, however there are a few workarounds.

First of all, you can configure the profiler framework (via the Embedded Frameworks page of VisualGDB Project Properties) to ignore semihosting calls when the debugger is physically not connected.

Second of all, please consider selecting the framework source files in Solution Explorer and setting the “excluded from build” flag (don’t confuse it with “Exclude from project” command). This will effectively exclude the semihosting-related logic from the release build.

jona
    Spectator

I don’t see any controls in the Embedded Frameworks page of the project properties.

I have buffer size, printf(0 redirect and what to do when out of buffer space.

And the profiler controls .. but nothing else.. please advise.

support
    Keymaster

No problem. The option is located under Embedded Frameworks -> Framework Configuration -> Profiler -> When running without debugger.

If you don’t see this setting, please update to VisualGDB 5.4 Beta 2 and install the latest version of the profiler framework via the VisualGDB Package Manager.

jona
    Spectator

Updating the framework yielded the controls.

Thank you

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.