Force synchronize source code

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Force synchronize source code

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    portsip
    Participant

I’m use the SSH connect to Linux from VS, sometimes seems the source code is not synchronized if I make code changed in Linux.

How can I force synchronize the source code in VS side ?

Thanks

portsip
    Participant

Some times I have to delete all cached cpp files in C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Local\Temp

Does there has any more easy way to force the code synchronize with VS ?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

VisualGDB uses different synchronization logic for different files/directories. E.g. the files in the source directory are only synchronized one way (Windows to Linux). Stepping into a source files that is not normally synchronized will get it temporarily downloaded under %LOCALAPPDATA% (next time you start the debug session, it will be rewritten).

We have also added support for advanced directory synchronization options in the upcoming v5.4 Beta 1. It allows defining arbitrary per-project or per-host directory pairs, setting advanced triggers for synchronization and allows transferring only changed files for both incoming and outgoing transfers. We are currently running the final tests on it and are expecting to release it in a few more days. Please consider waiting until we release it, as it might considerably simplify your setup.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.