Fixing Intellisense

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Fixing Intellisense

This topic contains 23 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  support 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #22262

    JulianH93
    Participant

    No, I am using the native one and activating C Lang intellisense does not fix it. In the beginning VisualGDB always complained that something is missing, those errors are gone (I don’t know why and since when). Is there a ways to completly reinitialize VisualGDBs IntelliSense?

    Do you support by remote access? So I could give you access to the devolpment maschine…

    Greets.

    • This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  JulianH93.
    #22281

    support
    Keymaster

    Hi,

    Sorry, our regular license only includes email/forum support, but we should be able to help you narrow this down.

    Please try closing VS, renaming the %LOCALAPPDATA%\VisualGDB\RemoteSourceCache directory and creating a new project using the VisualGDB Project Wizard.

    This should re-download all the necessary files and get IntelliSense to work again.

    #22283

    JulianH93
    Participant

    The error is still remaining.

    #22293

    support
    Keymaster

    Hi,

    Strange. Just to recheck, could you please confirm that the following observations are correct:

    1. When creating a new project with the VisualGDB Linux Project Wizard and using Clang IntelliSense, you still get the “missing <vector>” error.
    2. The vector file is physically present in %LOCALAPPDATA%\VisualGDB\RemoteSourceCache\192.168.0.138\0000\include\c++\8\vector.
    3. The %LOCALAPPDATA%\VisualGDB\RemoteSourceCache\192.168.0.138\0000\include\c++\8 directory is mentioned on the IntelliSense Directories page of VisualGDB Project Properties.

    If yes, please open View->Clang IntelliSense Diagnostics Console and switch it to Project view. Click on your project and copy the CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS for it to clipboard. Please then post:

    1. The screenshot of the entire VS window showing the “missing <vector>” error for the created “Hello, World” project.
    2. The screenshot of the IntelliSense Directories page for the created “Hello, World” project
    3. The CFLAGS captured from Clang IntelliSense Diagnostics Console
    4. Any error messages shown in the log view of Clang IntelliSense Diagnostics Console

     

    #22302

    JulianH93
    Participant

    No, this is working, if I make a new project, vector gets found.

    Vector also gets found in my problem solution. Thats not the problem (anymore?), the problem always was, the redly underlined code, which should be redly underlined. And I still don’t know which part of code is causing the red underlining.

    I found a error message in the IntelliSense-Error log:

    Schweregrad Code Beschreibung Projekt Datei Zeile
    Fehler [Clang IntelliSense] Error: invalid value ‘gnu++17’ in ‘-std=gnu++17’

    • This reply was modified 2 months ago by  JulianH93.
    #22304

    JulianH93
    Participant

    For instance in this code

    std::atomic<bool> done{false};

    { get redly unerlined with the error message: [Clang IntelliSense] Error: expected ‘;’ after top level declarator

     

    PS. And may be the not found header error flew away cause I replaced the std::filesystem with boost::filesystem dependencies .

    • This reply was modified 2 months ago by  JulianH93.
    #22309

    support
    Keymaster

    Hi,

    Thanks for the update. In order to resolve the problem, it needs to be narrowed down to a specific set of circumstances that trigger it. Based on your description, it might be caused by the “gnu++17” flag (Clang would normally use gnu++1z, not gnu++17), although it might be caused by something else.

    In order to narrow it down, please try to reproduce the problem on a cleanly created “Hello, World” project (e.g. by adding #include<> statements or properties similar to the ones in your project) and then describe the exact steps that trigger the problem (i.e. all choices made in the wizard and all settings and code added to the project since it was created). Based on that, we should be able to see what is going wrong and suggest the combination of settings that will work.

    #22310

    JulianH93
    Participant

    I replaced each gnu++17 which I could find with notepad++ with gnu++1z – now it’s working. I don’t understnad where VisualGDB took the flags from…

     

    But I am really happy now, thanks.

    #22318

    support
    Keymaster

    Hi,

    Good to know it works. Feel free to let us know the details about your project requested before and we should be able to patch VisualGDB to use the correct setting automatically (as long as we can reproduce this on our side).

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.