"Failed to add commands" in Visual Studio 2010 with SP1

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualDDK/VirtualKD discussion "Failed to add commands" in Visual Studio 2010 with SP1

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    zhzhtst
    Participant

I installed the latest version of VisualDDK (1.5.4). When start the Visual Studio 2010, it give the following error dialogbox,

Failed to add commands

System.ArgumentException: A Command with that name already exists.

at EnvDTE80.Commands2.AddNamedCommand2(AddIn AddInInstance, String Name, String ButtonText, String Tooltip, Boolean MSOButton, Object Bitmap, Object[]& ContextUIGUIDs, Int32 vsCommandStatusValue, Int32 CommandStyleFlags, vsCommandControlType ControlType)

at DDKDebugLauncher.Connect.OnConnection(Object application, ext_ConnectMode connectMode, Object addInInst, Array& custom)

OK

A function suggestion:

Can you add the “-ceZ” arguments to the build.exe command, this will eliminate the dependency checking?

support
    Keymaster

Please re-run VisualDDK configuration tool from start menu to reset plugin settings.
    As for “-ceZ”, you can easily modify the build command line from the project settings.

zhzhtst
    Participant

I have run the reconfig tool with administrator priviledge many times. It pops up the above error dialogbox even when I run the reconfig tool. I guess if this plugin is conflict with another plugin of Visual Studio 2010.

Submarine
    Participant

I also encounter this problem.Have you solved it?

Submarine
    Participant

this is the messagebox

Anonymous
    Participant

@Submarine wrote:

this is the messagebox

I got this same error message with:
    – Windows 7 (64-bit)
    – Vistual Studio 2010
    – VisualDDK 1.5.4

support
    Keymaster

Fixed in 1.5.5

zhzhtst
    Participant

Thanks very much for your excellent work on this!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.