ESP32 Unit test broken in 5.5 ?

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB ESP32 Unit test broken in 5.5 ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    christophe
    Participant

I’m running on the latest VisualGDB 5.5R2 and trying to do a simple unit test on IDF ESP32 project.

I got the popup informing me that enabling unit tests will automatically do some operations, in particular, setting application tracing destination to memory.

If i try to create a unit test, building is ok, but when i attempt to run it, i receive an error message saying that tracing destination must be set to memory. (effectively, the option wasn’t not automatically set). But even if i set it manually, i’m still receiving the same error message, and i’m unable to launch the unit tests

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem, please try this build: VisualGDB-5.5.102.3879.msi

christophe
    Participant

Hi,

With this version, the tracing application “data destination”  is correctly set to “trace memory”, but when i try to compile the unit test, the build still stops on the #error. Here is the build log:

[934/945] Building C object esp-idf/SysprogsUnitTestInterface/CMakeFiles/__idf_SysprogsUnitTestInterface.dir/SysprogsUnitTestInterface.c.obj
    FAILED: esp-idf/SysprogsUnitTestInterface/CMakeFiles/__idf_SysprogsUnitTestInterface.dir/SysprogsUnitTestInterface.c.obj
    C:\SysGCC\esp32\tools\xtensa-esp32-elf\esp-2019r2-8.2.0\xtensa-esp32-elf\bin\xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc.exe -DBUILDING_UNIT_TESTS -DUNITY_INCLUDE_CONFIG_H -Iconfig -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/SysprogsComponents/SysprogsUnitTestInterface -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/newlib/platform_include -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/freertos/include -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/freertos/xtensa/include -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/heap/include -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/log/include -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/lwip/include/apps -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/lwip/include/apps/sntp -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/lwip/lwip/src/include -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/lwip/port/esp32/include -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/lwip/port/esp32/include/arch -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/soc/src/esp32/. -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/soc/src/esp32/include -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/soc/include -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/esp_rom/include -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/esp_common/include -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/esp_system/include -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/xtensa/include -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/xtensa/esp32/include -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/esp32/include -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/driver/include -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/driver/esp32/include -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/esp_ringbuf/include -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/efuse/include -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/efuse/esp32/include -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/espcoredump/include -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/esp_timer/include -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/esp_ipc/include -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/soc/soc/esp32/. -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/soc/soc/esp32/include -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/soc/soc/esp32/../include -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/vfs/include -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/esp_wifi/include -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/esp_wifi/esp32/include -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/esp_event/include -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/esp_netif/include -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/esp_eth/include -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/tcpip_adapter/include -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/app_trace/include -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/esp_gdbstub/include -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/unity/include -IC:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/components/unity/unity/src -mlongcalls -Wno-frame-address -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fstrict-volatile-bitfields -Wall -Werror=all -Wno-error=unused-function -Wno-error=unused-but-set-variable -Wno-error=unused-variable -Wno-error=deprecated-declarations -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-sign-compare -ggdb -Og -std=gnu99 -Wno-old-style-declaration -D_GNU_SOURCE -DIDF_VER=\”v4.2-dev-1995-g636b964c8-dirty\” -DESP_PLATFORM -MD -MT esp-idf/SysprogsUnitTestInterface/CMakeFiles/__idf_SysprogsUnitTestInterface.dir/SysprogsUnitTestInterface.c.obj -MF esp-idf\SysprogsUnitTestInterface\CMakeFiles\__idf_SysprogsUnitTestInterface.dir\SysprogsUnitTestInterface.c.obj.d -o esp-idf/SysprogsUnitTestInterface/CMakeFiles/__idf_SysprogsUnitTestInterface.dir/SysprogsUnitTestInterface.c.obj -c C:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/SysprogsComponents/SysprogsUnitTestInterface/SysprogsUnitTestInterface.c
    C:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/SysprogsComponents/SysprogsUnitTestInterface/SysprogsUnitTestInterface.c:8:2: error: #error Please set the Application Level Tracing -> Data Destination setting in ESP-IDF confguration to ‘Trace Memory’
    #error Please set the Application Level Tracing -> Data Destination setting in ESP-IDF confguration to ‘Trace Memory’
    ^~~~~

support
    Keymaster

No problem, please try replacing the SysprogsUnitTestInterface.c inside the toolchain with the updated version from the VisualGDB directory. This should fix the setting check.

christophe
    Participant

Hi,

Seems working well by replacing the sysprogsUnitTestInterface.c file.

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.