ESP32 Signed App Verification

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB ESP32 Signed App Verification

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Andrzej.T
    Participant

Hi,

I have a problem with ESP32 Signed App Verification by Bootloader Without Hardware Secure Boot.
    I turn on:

• Require signed app image
    • Bootloader verifies app signatures
    • Verify app signature on update
    • Sign binaries during build

When I build, I getting error:

FAILED: bootloader.elf 
    cmd.exe /C "cd . && C:\SysGCC\esp32\opt\xtensa-esp32-elf\bin\xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc.exe   -nostdlib CMakeFiles/bootloader.elf.dir/dummy_main_src.c.obj  -o bootloader.elf  -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,--cref -Wl,--Map=bootloader.map -Wl,--start-group soc/libsoc.a spi_flash/libspi_flash.a micro-ecc/libmicro-ecc.a bootloader_support/libbootloader_support.a log/liblog.a main/libmain.a -L C:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v3.2/components/bootloader/subproject/main -T esp32.bootloader.ld -L C:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v3.2/components/bootloader/subproject/main -T esp32.bootloader.rom.ld -L C:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v3.2/components/esp32/ld -T esp32.rom.ld -L C:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v3.2/components/esp32/ld -T esp32.rom.spiram_incompatible_fns.ld -L C:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v3.2/components/esp32/ld -T esp32.peripherals.ld -lgcc && cd ."
    bootloader_support/libbootloader_support.a(secure_boot_signatures.c.obj)(0): error : undefined reference to `_binary_signature_verification_key_bin_end
    bootloader_support/libbootloader_support.a(secure_boot_signatures.c.obj)(0): error : undefined reference to `_binary_signature_verification_key_bin_start
    collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.

Regards,

Andrzej Tatar

• This topic was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by support. Reason: formatting
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This looks like an issue if the ESP-IDF itself. Please double-check with Espressif whether there is a fix for this.

Andrzej.T
    Participant

Hi,

I got answer from Espressif:

“Unfortunately we haven’t finished Secure Boot support in CMake preview release yet.
    There’s a list of missing features here:https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp … cmake.html
    This will be coming very soon, but for now if you switch back to GNU Make build system then it should build correctly.”

Regards
    Andrzej Tatar

Andrzej.T
    Participant

So, whether it will be possible to change of build system in my current project to Make?
    Or I have to create new project?

Regards
    Andrzej Tatar

support
    Keymaster

Thanks for the update. The easiest way to change the project to Make would be to re-import it via the VisualGDB IDF Project Wizard as a Make project.

However, this will only work if your project directory has the build scripts for GNU Make (e.g. project.mk). If not, please try creating a new project and adding the source files to it via Add->Existing Items so that VisualGDB automatically updates the build scripts.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.