ESP32 Access denied while checking Python dependencies

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB ESP32 Access denied while checking Python dependencies

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ZeroWorks
    Participant

I’ve trying VisualGDB and I’m having problems with ESP32 I receive an error:

— Building ESP-IDF components for target esp32
    — Checking Python dependencies…
    — Access Denied
    CMake Error at C:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.2/tools/cmake/build.cmake:272 (message):
    Some Python dependencies must be installed. Check above message for
    details.

I’ve modified kconfig.cmake to show the reason of the problem:

if(NOT result EQUAL 0)
    message(STATUS “${result}”)
    message(FATAL_ERROR “Some Python dependencies must be installed. Check above message for details.”)
    endif()

I’m in trial and considering to buy it. I’ve tried ESP8266 with no issues and all worked fine… untill I tried ESP32.

I have 9 days left of trial yet… Could you please help me?… i don’t know where is the problem (I guess it’s in virtual environment but I’m unable to find it: haven’t enough knowlegde nor time…)

The project is the smart_config example. I installed python 3 when it asked me… also tried with 2. And finally tried repairing python environment… uninstalling toolchains python… and whatever my imagination allowed me.

I will be very gratefull if you help me. Also I will buy the license… I don’t have any problem in buying before you give me the solution… but please, make me feel confident. 🙂

Right now while i’m writting i’ve tried the ESP8266 solution and it worked so I feel there’s some problem in my ESP32 configuration.

Also I have a suggestion…

When I click build and program button… after compiling it’s shown the flashing window, it should be great that the last log line appears under the progress indicator… thus we won’t have to show the log and the sensation of progress would be better.

Thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This looks like a corrupt ESP32 toolchain or ESP-IDF. Please try following our ESP32 troubleshooting instructions to narrow it down.

The progress text from esptool.py often contains too long or confusing lines, so VisualGDB only shows it once you expand the view using the button to the right of the progress bar where you can see the entire context. We will try to improve it in one of the next VisualGDB versions and perhaps show a summary of the current operation.

ZeroWorks
    Participant

Hi!

I found three python versions on my system just uninstalled all also cleaned all environment variables (I guess there was a mess with python versions because I had to do pip update manually and I’ve seen that is done automatically).

I deleted all toolchains and python and created a new project, VisualGDB asked for all again.  Also I selected CMAKE on build instead of GNU that is selected by default. It worked.

I lost four hours and today sorted it out in 15 minutes… LOL.

Thank you and nice work!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.