esp-idf 4.1 not working with esp32

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB esp-idf 4.1 not working with esp32

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tomasfrisberg
    Participant

Hi,

I recently installed the esp-idf 4.1 version and I am not able to build newly created Visual gdb Projects for the ESP32 chip. The idf 3.2 version is working just fine. I have tried some different Visual gdb versions with the latest one being <span>5.5.4.3549</span>. I try to load one of the getting started Projects, “hello World”.

Creating a new Project fails to build with the following error message:

<span>Error    The C compiler “C:/SysGCC/esp32/opt/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc.exe” is not able to compile a simple test program. It fails with the following output: Change Dir: C:/proj/esp32/Test5/VisualGDB/Debug/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp Run Build Command(s):C:/Program Files (x86)/Sysprogs/VisualGDB/ninja.exe cmTC_494ea && [1/2] Building C object CMakeFiles/cmTC_494ea.dir/testCCompiler.c.obj [2/2] Linking C executable cmTC_494ea FAILED: cmTC_494ea cmd.exe /C “cd . && C:\SysGCC\esp32\opt\xtensa-esp32-elf\bin\xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc.exe -mlongcalls -Wno-frame-address   CMakeFiles/cmTC_494ea.dir/testCCompiler.c.obj  -o cmTC_494ea   && cd .” c:/sysgcc/esp32/opt/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-esp32-elf/5.2.0/../../../../xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/ld.exe: cannot find crt1-sim.o: No such file or directory c:/sysgcc/esp32/opt/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-esp32-elf/5.2.0/../../../../xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/ld.exe: cannot find _vectors.o: No such file or directory c:/sysgcc/esp32/opt/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-esp32-elf/5.2.0/../../../../xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lsim c:/sysgcc/esp32/opt/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-esp32-elf/5.2.0/../../../../xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lhandlers-sim c:/sysgcc/esp32/opt/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-esp32-elf/5.2.0/../../../../xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lhal collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed. Test5   C:\Users\tfri\AppData\Local\VisualGDB\CMake\share\cmake-3.15\Modules\CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake 60
    </span>

Am I doing something wrong or is there a fix available?

Kind regards

Tomas

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    tomasfrisberg
    Participant

Got it working with the 4.0 without any problems. This is ok for me.

kind regards

Tomas

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please see the following page for a detailed explanation: https://visualgdb.com/support/idfcheckout/

Edit: VisualGDB 5.5 Preview 5 now fully supports ESP-IDF 4.1. Simply install it over any other VisualGDB version and get our latest ESP32 toolchain and you will be able to install ESP-IDF 4.1 into it:

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by support. Reason: Mentioned new ESP-IDF 4.1 support
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.