Error while loading shared libraries: libraspicam.so.0.1

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Error while loading shared libraries: libraspicam.so.0.1

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kennethone
    Participant

Hello, I am trying to build the using Raspberry Pi Camera example https://visualgdb.com/tutorials/raspberry/camera/

I get to Step #26 where I select Debug Specified program instead of the default target.

Then, when I select the library for Debugged Program (Under the RaspiCam library project properties, not my application’s), and run it,

I still get this error:
    <h5>error while loading shared libraries:</h5>
    <h5>libraspicam.so.0.1:</h5>
    <h5>cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory</h5>
    <h5></h5>
    <h5>Child exited with status 127</h5>
    <h5>GDBserver exiting</h5>
    What am I missing? The debugged program field is set to:

D:\myproject\raspicam-0.1.6\Debug\src\libraspicam.so.0.1

The path is correct, but in the example, it automatically switched to

$(SourceDir)/Debug/src/libraspicam.so.0.1  and on my system it didn’t,

when I tried to manually enter the above, or

${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR}/Debug/src/libraspicam.so.0.1

It just says: Deployment Failed: Invalid Deployed Binary Path ${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR}/Debug/src/libraspicam.so.0.1

I don’t get that with the full path, it gives me a warning that debugger ran without breakpoints and the missing libraspicam.so.0.1

Also what’s the difference between  ${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR} and $(SourceDir) ? It seems the tutorial used parentheses and elsewhere in my project settings it uses curly brackets

Thanks,

D

EDIT:

I checked the folder where the executable was deployed, and the library file was right there next to it. When I moved it to usr/lib it worked and I was able to debug

How can I make it automatically deploy to usr/lib  (may want to add this to the tutorial) and how can I change the paths to relative?

• This topic was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by kennethone.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion here. The variables like ${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR}  are expanded by CMake, but only during build. To optimize debugging performance, VisualGDB only expands VisualGDB-controlled variables (like $(SourceDir)) in various VisualGDB-related settings. The “$(SourceDir)/Debug/src/libraspicam.so.0.1” path actually needs to be specified manually (please see the step 26 in the tutorial).

You can deploy the library to /usr/lib by changing the “deployment path” setting on the Debug Settings page of the library project. Please note that this won’t work unless you explicitly grant write permissions to /usr/lib to the current Linux user.

A simpler alternative could be to add the deployment folder to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable (see the Debug Settings page of VisualGDB Project Properties of the debugged executable).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.