Dynamic library debug

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Dynamic library debug

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Char
    Participant

My solution has tho projects main executable and *.so project that dynamicly loaded with dlopen.
    When i hit breakpoint in lib project – VisualGDB downloads this file from server instead of using project file?

Or if it impossible can i apply defines to auto download sources?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The main project needs to reference the library projects. Then VisualGDB will automatically grab the path mappings from them when debugging the main project.

Alternatively you can specify the mappings for the library sources manually via VisualGDB Project Properties -> Path Mapping.

Char
    Participant

Thak you. Path mapping good for me

Char
    Participant

Is it possible to make patch mapping different per user?

for example if gui not exist – i can manually make CustomSourceDirectories sections in .user project file?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can set per-user variables and simply reference them in the path mappings.

Char
    Participant

I know about per user variables. bit i want something different  behavior – i want add path mapping only for me, not different paths for different users.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This is not supported directly, however can be easily achieved with per-user variables: simply set them so that other users will have an irrelevant mapping (like /tmp/suchpath <=> c:\nosuchpath) and you will get the same effect.

Char
    Participant

If i use empty or not exist patch it dont add default patches to intellisence

support
    Keymaster

Not sure what you meant. Adding a non-existent path to IntelliSense should have no effect and be the same as not adding any path there.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.