Download Location for Compiler Installation

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Download Location for Compiler Installation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dabramson
    Participant

Hello,

When installing the STM GCC compiler through the Manage VisualGDB Packages dialog, the installer is downloaded to %TEMP% (c:\users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp). The trouble I’m having is that my IT department has placed a policy on that location and does not allow execution from that directory. As such, I get errors when installing the compiler, and the attached event in the windows log.

Is it possible to change the location that visualGDB downloads this file to (configuration or other)?

Thanks,

Dave

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortunately the download location is fixed, however you could simply download the installer manually from gnutoolchains.com and install it to any location of your choice. Once the installation completes, VisualGDB will be able to find the toolchain.

dabramson
    Participant

Ok.

It’s unfortunate that there is only a manual work around. This also means that shared settings do not work on the TFS build server. I had to manually install the compiler instead of it being synced automatically when I queued the build.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We could easily add a registry setting that would override the temporary directory for downloaded files. Would that work for you?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.